Global Vectra Helicorp Limited (GVHL) is India’s largest private helicopter company, providing offshore transportation services to the oil and gas sector and, through its onshore division, charter and airport shuttle services throughout the country.
On 7 May 2012, following a decision of the Ministry of Home Affairs, the aviation regulator, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), had suspended Global Vectra’s helicopter service licence.
The company has successfully appealed to the Delhi High Court against this decision, and the High Court has ordered the DGCA to reinstate all of the company’s licences with immediate effect.
According to the judgement, the authorities have not been "able to show from the record as to what suddenly propelled them to withdraw the security clearance of Global Vectra."
Based on the judgment, Global Vectra has resumed its operations and is now flying to serve all its clients in fulfilment of its contractual obligations.
Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd is India’s largest private helicopter company having a fleet of 23 helicopters with operational experience of 14 years. GVHL operation bases are spread all over India and GVHL offers offshore transportation services to the oil and gas sector and, through its onshore division, charter and airport shuttle services throughout the country. It holds approximately 55 per cent of the Indian helicopter market share and it is listed on the BSE and the NSE.
Global Vectra Helicorp Limited is an ISO 9001-2000, 14001-2004 and OHSAS 18001-1999 certified company.
Global Vectra Helicorp Limited provides a range of essential and innovative services to strategic sectors for various purposes:
Oil and Gas Sector
The company has been flying for more than a decade for oil and gas production companies, including Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC), Transocean (TSF), British Gas Exploration and Production India Limited (BGEPIL), Baker Hughes, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), Leighton Welspun Contractors Pvt. Ltd., and Cairn Energy in Sri Lanka.
The company has carried out extensive aerial mapping for the Atomic Mineral Directorate, Department of Atomic Energy and for the National Geophysical Research Institute. In the last three years, Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd has covered approximately 150,000 line km of survey area.
These operations are executed only after the company clears the stringent security norms of the Ministry of Defence and of other agencies, including the Ministry of Home Affairs. Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd is proud that most of its pilots have a defence services background & have received security clearance and are nominated by the Ministry of Defence as security officers for all such operations.
SPG VVIP and Corporate Flights
Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd is proud to have been entrusted with the privilege of flying the nation's SPG VVIP dignitaries since 2008. It and has executed almost 2,000 hours of flying commitment without an error, which in itself speaks about the company’s professional conduct in terms of efficiency, coordination, and operations and maintenance.
Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd has been awarded the contract (after a stringent selection procedure) for transporting pilgrims to religious sites by both the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board and the Shri Amarnath Yatra Shrine Board. The company has been transporting pilgrims to both the shrines for the last two years. The company transports approximately 400–500 pilgrims everyday and 15,000 pilgrims every month. These operations take place round the year.
In addition to the above, Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd also provides helicopter services to various state governments for the movement of state dignitaries, including chief ministers and governors. Our clients include the Government of Arunachal Pradesh, the Government of Nagaland, and the Government of Punjab.
Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd is pleased to resume its activities and doing what it does best—flying its clients around the country and serving the aviation industry.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men