Turbomeca (SAFRAN Group) has signed a contract with Eurocopter for the automation of the new generation of helicopter turboshaft engine with its new X4, the TM800.
The X4 Eurocopter is a helicopter next generation of the category of 5 to 6 tons. The future device will feature a new engine: the e Turbomeca TM800. This new turbine is part of the class of 1100 shp (800 kW).
The TM800 benefits from technological advances R & T strategy of Turbomeca. First, the engine operates TM800 results of several research projects upstream, which validated the technology demonstrator Tech 800. On the other hand, it takes advantage of experience feedback in operation throughout the range of Turbomeca engines.
The new engine will reduce, significantly, specific fuel consumption compared to the generation of turbines currently in service. It will also help improve performance (extended range, payload) and reduce the environmental footprint. Cost of ownership will be lessened due to its optimized maintenance concept that will allow e, including a significant reduction of maintenance activities for the operator.
Terms of engine development and certification coincide with the entry into Service the initial version of the helicopter in 2017.
Turbomeca (Safran group) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, with the widest range of engines in the world and over 69 000 turbines based on its own designs since the origin of society. For 2,450 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a Service through close 16 facilities, 18 maintenance centers, 18 centers Repair & review, 24 service centers and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. The head office is based in Bordes (PyrÃ©nÃ©es-Atlantiques). Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
More information about www.turbomeca.fr and www.safran-group.com
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole