Arco, the UK’s leading safety company and provider of workwear, personal protective equipment and workplace safety products, has announced a three-year deal to support the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. The deal will help to enable the charity to continue providing a life saving rapid response emergency service to over five million people across Yorkshire.
With its vast topography that not only includes remote, rural and densely populated areas but also major motorways and road networks, the Yorkshire region needs a service that can provide a quick response to patients who have received major trauma, especially those with head and spinal injuries. On average, when a patient has been received by the YAA, they will be only 10 minutes from the nearest hospital and 15 minutes from the most relevant treatment centre. In many cases, this can save lives. To provide this life saving service the charity needs to raise £7,200 per day to keep both of Yorkshire’s Air Ambulances maintained and in the air.
Through its sponsorship of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance Arco, experts in safety, will help to maintain this vital life saving service. The company will also provide advice and guidance on personal protective equipment for the paramedics and Yorkshire Air Ambulance staff to keep them safe at work. The Arco logo will now be clearly seen on both air ambulances and will appear in the new series of Helicopter Heroes, a BBC fly-on-the-wall documentary about the service which is due to air in the Autumn. The Arco logo has already been seen in an episode of Countryfile on BBC1 and more recently an episode of the popular ITV drama Emmerdale when one of the YAA helicopters made a cameo appearance.
Abby McClymont, Marketing and Communications Manager at Yorkshire Air Ambulance said: “We are extremely grateful to Arco for the support the company is providing to Yorkshire Air Ambulance. As an independent charity, we rely on companies like Arco to help us raise the funds we need to keep this vital emergency service in operation.
“As well as financial support, Arco will also be providing the Yorkshire Air Ambulance staff and crew with protective equipment and clothing to help keep them safe as they carry out life saving operations across our region.”
Thomas Martin, Managing Director and Neil Jowsey, Marketing & Business Development Director at Arco, commented, “We are extremely pleased to be sponsoring the Yorkshire Air Ambulance charity and to be contributing to the fantastic work they do. As a company with its roots in Yorkshire and deeply committed to safety we couldn’t think of a more fitting charity to sponsor.”
â€¢ Total patients rescued (to date): 4429
â€¢ Came online 25thOctober 2000
â€¢ Key hospitals flew patients to/busiest relevant treatment centres: Leeds General Infirmary: 160 missions, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough: 53 missions, Northern General, Sheffield: 23 missions, Harrogate Hospital: 28 missions, Hull Royal Infirmary: 20 missions, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary: 25 missions (figures year ending March 2012)
â€¢ Total of 376 patients carried to hospitals across the region from April 2011 to March 2012
â€¢ Attended 309 Road Traffic Collisions last year (April 2011 to March 2012)
â€¢ £2.65 million need to raise per year
â€¢ £7,200 need to raise per day
Arco is the UK’s leading safety company, distributing quality products and training and providing expert advice helping to shape the safety world and make work a safer place. Founded in 1884 and with a heritage spanning 4 generations, Arco integrates traditional family values with pioneering innovation to offer a world-class range of over 22,000 quality assured, branded and own brand products, including personal protective equipment, clothing, footwear, gloves, workplace safety and hygiene products. Headquartered in Hull, Arco reaches its customers through its extensive product catalogue, interactive website and 40 strong local branch network. The company has sales of over £200m and employs approximately 1500 people. It recently won the Outstanding Website Innovation and Performance (B2B) award at this year’s European Catalogue and Mail Order Days (ECMOD) Industry awards.
- FirstGroup pledges £100K to London’s Air Ambulance
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance MD902 AOG for 7 months
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance paramedics help design revolutionary kit bags
- London’s Air Ambulance – new offices are rent-free
- London Air Ambulance founder Alastair Wilson retires
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance paramedics get approval to use powerful painkiller
- London’s Air Ambulance to use 4G to enhance service
- London’s Air Ambulance moves charity office
- London’s Air Ambulance partners with International SOS
- London’s Air Ambulance in TV series starting Thursday
- London’s Air Ambulance Turns To City For Funding
- Cornwall Air Ambulance switches operator away from Bond
- MD announces Next Generation of Technology Advancements for Explorer
- FAA approves MD902 gross weight increase to 6,770 pounds
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance praised by top children¹s doctor
- Airexcell Sells first MD902 Into Canada to Ascent Helicopters
- Qatar – Hamad Medical to buy three larger EMS helicopters
- Exclusive – London’s Air Ambulance new livery
- London’s Air Ambulance to move base
- Big Interview: New CEO at London’s Air Ambulance