Bell Helicopter, in partnership with Cessna Aircraft Company, opened a new regional service center in Singapore at Seletar Aerospace Park. Bell Helicopter and Cessna are Textron companies (NYSE: TXT). The new state-of-the-art facility offers customers a one-stop shop for comprehensive repair, completion, fulfillment, maintenance and customization solutions.
“The grand opening of our Asia Pacific service center brings to life a vision of providing exceptional support to our current and future customers in this important growth region,” said John L. Garrison, president and CEO of Bell Helicopter. “It is the result of years of planning for an increased presence in Asia Pacific that is a key market for both Bell Helicopter and Cessna.”
Bell Helicopter and the Singapore Economic Development Board signed a Memorandum of Understanding in June 2010. On June 9, 2011, Bell Helicopter and Cessna broke ground on the new service center in the Seletar Aerospace Park.
The service facility is 160,500 total square feet and equipped with hangars for Bell Helicopter and Cessna products, a paint booth, warehouse, overhaul and maintenance shops, offices, and a 77,000 square foot ramp. Plans for the new facility include training, performing customization and completions, major refurbishment projects, labor and parts sales, as well as maintenance, repair and overhaul. Bell Helicopter and Cessna envision the center as a regional hub for response to customer needs in Asia Pacific.
“Over the years Bell Helicopter and Cessna have grown into global companies,” Garrison added. “We’ve accomplished this by successfully gearing our operations to serve a diverse and expanding customer base in addition to providing innovative, affordable mission solutions tailored to our local customers. This ensures that we’re able to provide value and world-class local support to our operators throughout the world.”
Bell Helicopter has been ranked No. 1 by customers in Customer Support and Services for 18 consecutive years and offers an unparalleled customer experience with comprehensive support. Bell Helicopter provides customers with local support in every corner of the world with services ranging from state of the art customization, aircraft refurbishment and accessory options to first class maintenance repair and overhaul solutions, combined with personalized service offerings.
“Cessna continues to focus on the full product experience, delivering exceptional end-to-end service,” said Bill Harris, Cessna’s vice president, Sales for the Asia Pacific region. “We maintain a worldwide network of Citation Service Centers and Authorized Service Facilities to ensure our customers have access to our industry leading team of skilled professionals throughout the world.”
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE