The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress today of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Lebanon for six Huey II helicopters and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $63 million.
The Government of Lebanon has requested a possible sale of 6 Huey II helicopters, spare and repair parts, maintenance, support equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, repair and return, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $63 million.
This proposed sale serves U.S. national, economic, and security interests by providing Lebanon with necessary mobility capabilities to maintain internal security, enforce United Nation’s Security Council Resolutions 1559 and 1701, and counter terrorist threats.
The proposed sale of these aircraft will enable Lebanon to meet present and future challenges posed by internal and border security threats, evacuations, search and rescue, and drug interdiction operations. The Huey II will augment Lebanon's aging fleet of UH-1H aircraft.
The proposed sale of these vehicles and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region. The prime contractor will be Bell Helicopter in Fort Worth, Texas. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.
Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any additional U.S. Government or contractor representatives to Lebanon.
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.
- 15-Apr-13 Bell UH-1H Taipai, Taiwan
- 05-Apr-13 Bell UH-1 Balauana, Tunisia
- Sacramento Metro Fire chooses Becker avionics for UH-1
- Sacramento Metro Fire chooses Becker system for UH-1
- HFI to display three heritage helicopters at Heli-Expo 2013
- 25-Feb-13 Bell UH-1N Parshall, US-North Dakota
- Oregon UH-1 operator for sale
- 10-Jan-13 N7247J Bell UH-1H La Paloma, US-California
- UK – Helicopter Museum Huey becomes Vietnam film star
- Santa Barbara County refurbish UH-1 for fire and sheriff tasks
- 01-Nov-12 Huey II Sandoná, Colombia
- Rockwell-Collins awarded $17M contract for Nav/Comm repairs
- 07-Oct-12 N1577 Bell UH-1H Medford, US-Oregon
- Huey donation provides new training possibilities at Crisis City
- Huey moves into Wings of Eagles Discovery Center
- 27-Jul-12 Bell UH-1 Catha Village, South Africa (1F)
- 03-Jul-12 N499DF Bell UH-1H Willits, US-California
- Royal New Zealand Air Force sends UH-1s to assist Papua New Guinea elections
- 26-Jun-12 N4582D Bell UH-1F Concrete, US-Washington
- Four companies awarded $12M for logistics support of H-60, H-1, CV-22 progams