Cobham Aviation Services joint venture FB Heliservices has been awarded a two year contract to provide helicopter flying training to the Albanian Ministry of Defence. FB Heliservices will provide a series of courses which will provide multi-engine type conversion, glass cockpit familiarisation, instrument flying and Search And Rescue training to 12 Albanian Air Force pilots and SAR training only to four helicopter crew members.
Training will be delivered on a combination of the FB Heliservices Agusta A109 and Bell 412 HAR2 aircraft. These courses are designed to provide essential training for the pilots and crew before they operate newly delivered Cougar helicopters to the Albanian Air Force. The courses will take place over the period of July 2012 to June 2014.
This contract is the first between the Albanian Ministry of Defence and a British company.
“I am delighted that FB Heliservices has been awarded this contract and in particular that this is the first contract of its kind awarded to a UK Company,“ said FB Heliservices Managing Director Peter Richardson. “ FB Heliservices has a very strong track record of delivering helicopter pilot training services to military customers around the world and we look forward to working with the Albanian Ministry of Defence to provide the training to their pilots in order for them to successfully move on to their new Cougar helicopters.”
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- 14-Jun-13 PR-HRZ Bell 212 Teffe, Brazil (2F)
- Tanzania Approves Starlite’s Air Service Licence
- Dart announces skidtube step for medium Bells
- RSG awarded three-year Houston Police Bell 412 component support contract
- 07-Jun-13 Bell 412 Katupotha, Sri Lanka
- Vector Aerospace proposes avionics update for Canada’s 412s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- Bell showcases versatile aircraft at AeroExpo 2013
- Uniflight win US Park Police maintenance contract
- Uniflight to maintain Houston Police Bell 412
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Community opposes Nowra air ambulance move
- Norwegian military station two Bell 412s at Bardufoss
- 27-Mar-13 PT-HUW Bell 412 Campos Basin, Brazil
- Australian Helicopters wins two Queensland EMS contracts
- Van Horn to develop composite tail blades for Bell 212/412
- BLR sells 600th FastFin System
- FlightSafety now offers B212/412/430 training in Dallas
- Starlite lease in two Bell 412s for Namibia contract