Aviall Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, has entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Rolls-Royce for spare parts, modules and tooling for the RR300 light helicopter engine.
The global agreement, which extends to June 29, 2022, creates a new product line for Aviall, the Dallas-based industry leader in aftermarket supply chain management services for the aerospace and defense industries. Aviall will distribute RR300 new spare parts and modules, exchange material, exchange modules, RR300 kits, tooling and electronic publications with responsibility for sales, marketing, forecasting, stocking, inventory, warranty processing, and order fulfillment.
In addition to the new 10-year agreement for the RR300, the two industry leaders announced an extension of their distribution agreement for the Rolls-Royce M250® engine program in effect since January 2000. This agreement will also now extend until June 29, 2022.
The RR300, with take-off power and performance of 300 shp, was unveiled in 2007 and currently is in production for the R66 helicopter manufactured by Robinson Helicopter Company in Torrance, CA. Deliveries of the R66 have already passed the 150 mark and are expected to peak at several hundred per year, with annual flight hours expected to reach nearly 900,000 by 2020.
"The addition of this engine agreement for the RR300 furthers our already strong relationship with Rolls-Royce in the helicopter segment," Dan Komnenovich, President and CEO of Aviall, Inc., said. "Aviall will carry a complete array of unique new OEM spare parts to support this fleet. And we look forward to continuing to provide our great service to our customers who are M250® operators."
Aviall sales will primarily occur to Rolls-Royce approved engine overhaul shops and service centers. Customers may order on aviall.com or from their nearest Aviall customer service center. Aviall's RR300 program will be managed by Ty Gentleman, senior product line manager, under the direction of Eric Nelson, senior managing director for commercial engine programs.
ABOUT AVIALLAviall Services, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Aviall is a leading solutions provider of aftermarket supply chain management services for the aerospace and defense industries.
Aviall, which has headquarters in Dallas, is one of the world's largest providers of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services. Aviall markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2,000,000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Aviall also provides maintenance for aviation batteries and wheels and brakes, as well as hose assembly, kitting and paint-mixing services. The company offers a complete set of supply chain and logistics services, including order processing, stocking and fulfillment, automated inventory management and reverse logistics to OEMs and customers.
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi