Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup Company, announced they have been selected by Northrop Grumman to build Faraday Cages for their Fire Scout program.
Summit Aviation will be responsible for procuring material and tooling, preparing manufacturing planning and quality documentations as well as performing the final assembly. The Faraday Cage is a subassembly that is installed on the U.S. Navy’s MQ-8C Fire Scout unmanned helicopter.
“We are extremely excited to be awarded this contract,” said General Manager of Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz. “This is our first manufacturing contract with Northrop Grumman and we are proud to partner with them on this project.”
The Faraday Cages will be assembled at Summit Aviation’s manufacturing facility in Somerset, Ky.
About Summit Aviation
Summit offers aircraft and engine maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna, Beechcraft King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft. The company also provides engine maintenance and support to its customers which include Pratt & Whitney, Turbomeca, and others. The Somerset Kentucky facility, Summit’s Manufacturing Center, offers new dynamic manufacture, assembly and testing along with aerostructures manufacturing and assembly. For more information visit www.summit-aviation.com
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; parts distribution and financial services. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, N.C.; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, Del.; DAC International, Inc., located in Austin, Texas; Matrix Aviation, Inc., located in Wichita, Kan.; Professional Aviation Associates, Inc., located in Atlanta, Ga.; Professional Aircraft Accessories, Inc., located in Titusville, Fla.; NASAM, Inc., located in San Francisco, Calif., and GCCUS Inc. located in Aptos, Calif. Additionally, Greenwich AeroGroup owns an interest in Helivia Aero Taxi located in Rio de Janerio. News and information are available at www.greenwichaerogroup.com.
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- Curtiss-Wright Controls awarded Surion contract
- Curtiss-Wright Controls’ Data Acquisition & “Black Box” Technology to be used on unnamed new helicopter
- Global Military Helicopter Modernisation, Upgrade and Retrofit Market 2013-2023
- AgustaWestland and Shanghai Zenisun sign official Distributorship Agreement for China
- Zhuhai Helicopter Company orders another four Sikorsky S92s
- CITIC Offshore Helicopter Company orders two Sikorsky S92s