Milestone Aviation Group, the global leader in helicopter leasing, announced today that it has closed on a series of debt facilities totalling US$400 million. The company will use the proceeds to support its partners and provide additional liquidity to the global helicopter market.
"These are important milestones for our company," said Richard Santulli, Milestone's Chairman. "We thank Deutsche Bank and our financing partners for providing additional capital to fuel our growth. Lenders' enthusiasm for the offerings further validates the strength of our business model and highlights the important role Milestone plays for the rotary sector."
"By structuring and leading this innovative facility, which is widely acknowledged to be the first of its kind in the market, this has helped Milestone to execute on its growth strategy," said Richard Moody, Managing Director, Deutsche Bank. "In addition, the market reacted positively to the sponsor, and the financing structure resulting in the facility being over-subscribed."
The combined US$400 million in debt facilities include:
- An oversubscribed US$265 million facility led by Deutsche Bank, along with Nomura, Huntington Bank, CIT, 1st Source Bank, EverBank Commercial Finance and Credit Suisse as lenders -- this portfolio financing is generally recognised as the first facility of this type undertaken in the market;
- A US$75 million facility with SEB; and
- Three facilities totalling more than US$60 million with Societe Generale -- including a facility to cover certain of Milestone's pre-delivery payments (PDP).
Milestone launched in August 2010 having raised US$500 million in equity from the Jordan Company and Nautic Partners to provide operating lease financing to the helicopter industry. Since inception Milestone has leased 53 aircraft valued at more than US$600 million. The company presently leases helicopters to 20 operators spread over four continents including leases with three of the four largest global helicopter operators. By the end of 2012, the company expects to have leased assets operating on six continents and valued at more than US$1 billion.
ABOUT MILESTONE AVIATION GROUP Milestone Aviation Group is the first global aircraft leasing company exclusively focused on helicopters. Milestone's global aircraft leasing platform addresses the liquidity needs of the market through 100% operating lease financing. Since launching in August 2010, Milestone has leased more than 50 aircraft valued at more than $600 million. Further information is available at www.milestoneaviation.com
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE