Canadian Helicopters Group Inc. (TSX:CHL.A CHL.B) (the "Company"), an international provider of helicopter transportation and related support services, announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Helicopters (NZ) Limited ("HNZ") has entered into an offshore oil and gas helicopter support contract with Shell Global Solutions International B.V. ("Shell").
Beginning in September 2013 , HNZ will provide crew change helicopter services from Manila to Shell's offshore petroleum platforms in the Philippines using one AgustaWestland AW 139 helicopter. Commencing in the second quarter of 2014, a second AgustaWestland AW 139 helicopter will also be deployed to support oil and gas exploration and development work by Shell in the Philippines .
The initial term of the contract is four years with potential five one-year option periods, exercisable by the customer. Revenues under the contract during the initial four year term are expected to be approximately US$40 million. The two aircraft required to perform the work will be obtained by way of purchase or lease.
"We are extremely pleased to have been selected by Shell for this major piece of business in Asia" said Don Wall , the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. "This is not only a win in terms of building on the strong relationship we have built with Shell in New Zealand , but it is also consistent with our strategy to grow the business and expand from our historical areas of strength in Australia and New Zealand deeper into the Asian market."
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189