AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that a new AgustaWestland Service Centre has been opened by AVIASUR to provide maintenance and other support services for AgustaWestland commercial helicopter customers. The service centre is located at AVIASUR’s modern facility at Santiago’s Arturo Merino BenÃtez International Airport in Chile, where an official opening ceremony was held on 8th August.
The opening of a new service centre in Chile continues AgustaWestland’s strategy to provide customers with greater levels of service close to their operating locations. The opening of AVIASUR’s Service Centre brings the number of AgustaWestland Service Centres worldwide to over eighty, with a programme underway to further expand this network around the world.
AgustaWestland is continuing to increase its market share in South America and now has 17 of its helicopters operating in Chile comprising eight AW119 Koalas, seven AW109s, one Grand and one W-3A Sokol. The first GrandNew light twin helicopter is scheduled to be delivered to Chile later this year.
In 2011 AVIASUR were appointed Independent Sales Representatives for Chile and Peru for AgustaWestland commercial helicopters. AVIASUR also provides a wide range of aviation services from its Santiago headquarters including a full FBO service, aircraft sales, charter flights and aircraft management for private and corporate clients.
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)
- 30-Sep-12 N144CF AgustaWestland AW109E Eastland, US-Texas
- RSG completes certification of AW109 secondary digital altimeter
- 17-Sep-12 N901EM AgustaWestland AW109E US-Maine
- 10-Aug-12 G-MEDX AgustaWestland AW109E Corby, UK
- FB Heliservices wins two year Albanian training contract
- 28-Jul-12 XA-UQH AgustaWestland AW109SP Cerro Alpino, Mexico (3F)
- 17-Jul-12 N716AM Agusta A109A Niihau, US-Hawaii