During the ILA Berlin Air Show, Turbomeca (Safran group) announces the signature of a Support by the Hour agreement with the German Federal Police. This Support by the Hour agreement (SBHÂ®) covers 32 Arrius 2B2 engines powering 16 twin-engine EC135T2i helicopters. Spread over 12 bases, the German Federal Police is performing air rescue missions around Germany.
Thanks to this agreement, the German Federal Police will benefit from reduced maintenance cost and from a higher availability of the engines, which is crucial for this demanding mission. Moreover, this SBHÂ® agreement will bring easy and fast supply chain, and will facilitate the contract management, reducing German Federal Police workload.
The German Federal Police operates more than 80 helicopters, 100% powered by Turbomeca engines. Besides the 16 EC135T2i, the German Federal Police also operates 25 additional EC135T2i with the Arrius 2B2 engines for mainly law enforcement and disaster control missions. With 41 EC135s, the German Federal Police is one of the largest operators of this aircraft in the world. To perform boarder control, VIP transport, sea rescue missions, special forces transport and Frontex* missions, the German Federal Police can rely on 20 twin engine AS332L1 powered by the Makila 1A1 and 20 EC155B/B1 powered by 40 Arriel 2C1/2C2. The German Federal Police also operates six single engine EC120 helicopters powered by the Arrius 2F for pilots and flight technicians training.
* Frontex: from French: FrontiÃ¨res extÃ©rieures for “external borders”
* * * * *
TurbomecaÂ (Safran group) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced over 69 000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,450 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 17 sites, 18 Maintenance Centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, 24 Service Cetners and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
Turbomeca sign support agreement with German Federal Police
- Onboard Systems to provide EC145T2 cargo hook to Airbus
- New EC145T2 arrives with Bond Air Services
- Uni-Fly wins UK windfarm contract with Dong Energy
- Paradigm Aerospace completes ADS-B Out certification on EC135
- Starspeed Welcomes Three New Pilots
- Airbus fleet passes 10 million flight hours on offshore ops
- Metro Aviation delivers fourth EC135 to Massachusetts State Police
- 04-Jan-15 G-EMAA Eurocopter EC135T2 Biddulph, UK
- Spain – Airbus delivers Police EC135 to Police and AS355NP to Road Traffic Authority
- Airbus Helicopters extends German Army EC135 support by seven years
- 15-Dec-14 348 Eurocopter EC135 Lacul Siutghiol, Romania (4F)
- Brazil – Receita Federal adds EC135T2+ in Parana state
- 12-Dec-14 Eurocopter EC635T2+ Samarra, Iraq (2F)
- First enhanced EC135 T3/P3 enters service with Aiut Alpin Dolomites
- New Yale-New Haven Hospital helicopter equipped for critical care
- Staten Island University Hospital Gets New Emergency Helicopter
- FlightSafety and Air Methods announce a new Learning Center in Colorado
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers EC130to Blackcomb Aviation
- 30-Nov-14 C-26 Eurocopter EC135T2 San Miguel, Chile
- UK – Midlands Air Ambulance Launches New Volunteering Drive