During the ILA Berlin Air Show, Turbomeca (Safran group) announces the signature of a Support by the Hour agreement with the German Federal Police. This Support by the Hour agreement (SBHÂ®) covers 32 Arrius 2B2 engines powering 16 twin-engine EC135T2i helicopters. Spread over 12 bases, the German Federal Police is performing air rescue missions around Germany.
Thanks to this agreement, the German Federal Police will benefit from reduced maintenance cost and from a higher availability of the engines, which is crucial for this demanding mission. Moreover, this SBHÂ® agreement will bring easy and fast supply chain, and will facilitate the contract management, reducing German Federal Police workload.
The German Federal Police operates more than 80 helicopters, 100% powered by Turbomeca engines. Besides the 16 EC135T2i, the German Federal Police also operates 25 additional EC135T2i with the Arrius 2B2 engines for mainly law enforcement and disaster control missions. With 41 EC135s, the German Federal Police is one of the largest operators of this aircraft in the world. To perform boarder control, VIP transport, sea rescue missions, special forces transport and Frontex* missions, the German Federal Police can rely on 20 twin engine AS332L1 powered by the Makila 1A1 and 20 EC155B/B1 powered by 40 Arriel 2C1/2C2. The German Federal Police also operates six single engine EC120 helicopters powered by the Arrius 2F for pilots and flight technicians training.
* Frontex: from French: FrontiÃ¨res extÃ©rieures for “external borders”
* * * * *
TurbomecaÂ (Safran group) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced over 69 000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,450 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 17 sites, 18 Maintenance Centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, 24 Service Cetners and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned
- Midlands Air Ambulance celebrates 25 years
- Urals Civil Aviation Plant signs deals with Airbus Helicopters and Turbomeca
- FinnHEMS 2015 figures – 5% less responses, 6% more patients treated
- Great Western Air Ambulance has record year in 2015
- Devon Air Ambulance helps launch Master’s Degree course for Paramedic air crew
- Bond extends offshore Irish EC135 contract for another five years
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance wins regional awards
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- East Texas Medical Center celebrates 30 years of Air 1
- 18-Nov-15 N36RX Eurocopter EC135P2e Apple Valley, US-California
- 07-Oct-15 VH-GKK Airbus EC135T1 Cooranbong, Australia (3F)
- Airbus to set up Chinese H135 production line – 100 unit commitment helps
- Metro Aviation starts contract with Cooper University Health Care
- Bright colours revealed for EC135 for Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance
- Midwest MedAir brings new EC135 to Columbus
- Great Western Air Ambulance celebates one year of EC135
- CALSTAR orders five H135
- Massachusetts State Police choses Helicopter Flight Training Center
- Chicago Helicopter Experience Launches CHE Premier Charter Service