AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that it has sold another AW139 to an undisclosed southern African customer for VIP/corporate transport operations. This latest sale follows the sale of AW139s in VIP/Corporate transport configuration to customers in several southern african countries including Namibia, Zambia, Congo Brazzaville, Rwanda and South Africa.
The AW139 is the new benchmark for executive helicopters. Designed to meet the rigorous standards of those who demand the best, the AW139 surpasses all other medium twin-engine helicopters in capability, speed, ride quality and passenger cabin space. Its sleek design, state-of-the-art avionics, luxurious accommodation and low noise signature sets new standards in the market.
The AW139 delivers best-in-class performance with a cruise speed of 165 knots (306 kph), a range in excess of 500 nm (927 km), endurance of 5 hours and superior hover performance. With its power reserve, the AW139 assures Category “A” (Class 1) superior performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight
With the largest passenger cabin in its class the AW139 can accommodate its passengers in a spacious, comfortable and quiet environment. The unobstructed cabin design allows maximum flexibility for seating configurations whilst providing its passengers with excellent visibility through the six large cabin windows. Ample room is available for accessories such as telecommunications, work areas, refreshments and stowage space. The baggage compartment, provides a massive 3.4 cubic metres (120 cubic feet) of storage which is easily accessible from both inside the passenger compartment and outside the helicopter.
500 AW139s are now in service performing many roles including EMS/SAR, offshore transport, VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement and military transport. Almost 170 customers from more than 50 countries have ordered more than 640 AW139 helicopters so far.
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189