Erickson Air-Crane, a leading operator and the manufacturer of the powerful heavy-lift helicopter, the Erickson S-64 Aircrane, today announced its purchase of the Sun Bird Aircraft (“Sun Bird”) and associated spare parts inventory and accessories from San Diego Gas & Electric Company (“SDG&E”).
The Sun Bird is an Erickson model S-64F Aircrane that was originally purchased by SDG&E from Erickson Air-Crane in 2009. The Sun Bird will be added to Erickson’s existing fleet of aircraft and will allow the Company to meet the growing demand for heavy-lift aerial services in the oil-and-gas and powerline construction sectors.
“We are very pleased to have concluded this important transaction with one of our most valued customers, and we are eager to add this Aircrane to our fleet. The timing of our purchase will allow us to take advantage of market opportunities in 2013 and beyond in the oil-and-gas and powerline construction sectors of our business in South America and elsewhere,” said Udo Rieder, President and CEO of Erickson Air-Crane.
In conjunction with the purchase of the aircraft, Erickson Air-Crane entered into an agreement with SDG&E to provide an Aircrane for fire suppression support in San Diego County this Fall. SDG&E has leased the aircraft for a 3-month period from September through November 2012, with an option to renew the lease for the same period each year through 2016. Additionally, as a result of the purchase, the Company is relieved of all obligations from the original purchase of the Aircrane by SDG&E, including the put option under the purchase agreement and the remaining obligations under the Cost Per Hour contract.
- Rokstad Power hire Erickson for British Columbia heavy lift work
- Erickson makes series of new appointments
- Erickson to help build 160 transmission towers in India
- Erickson sets date for December 2015 quarter results
- Erickson renews British Columbia S64 timber contract for fifth time
- Third Aircrane to fight bushfires Victoria, Australia
- Erickson extends Greek fire contract with three S64 Aircranes
- SDG&E Brings Back The Skycrane To Bolster Regional Fire Suppression
- Erickson moving dozens of employees to Medford
- Erickson Announces Enhanced Aircrane Modifications
- Erickson Announces 2015 Wildfire Suppression Readiness
- Erickson Secures Two Key Contracts in Alaska
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Erickson Secures Philippines Dam Contract Award
- Erickson wins Mexico Pipeline Construction Contract
- Erickson Announces Key North American Contract Awards
- Erickson Announces CEO Transition
- Erickson Announces Date for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2014 Results
- Erickson Awarded First Off-Shore Oil & Gas Transport Contract
- Erickson signs oil support contract in Ecuador