Erickson Air-Crane, a leading operator and the manufacturer of the powerful heavy-lift helicopter, the Erickson S-64 Aircrane, today announced its purchase of the Sun Bird Aircraft (“Sun Bird”) and associated spare parts inventory and accessories from San Diego Gas & Electric Company (“SDG&E”).
The Sun Bird is an Erickson model S-64F Aircrane that was originally purchased by SDG&E from Erickson Air-Crane in 2009. The Sun Bird will be added to Erickson’s existing fleet of aircraft and will allow the Company to meet the growing demand for heavy-lift aerial services in the oil-and-gas and powerline construction sectors.
“We are very pleased to have concluded this important transaction with one of our most valued customers, and we are eager to add this Aircrane to our fleet. The timing of our purchase will allow us to take advantage of market opportunities in 2013 and beyond in the oil-and-gas and powerline construction sectors of our business in South America and elsewhere,” said Udo Rieder, President and CEO of Erickson Air-Crane.
In conjunction with the purchase of the aircraft, Erickson Air-Crane entered into an agreement with SDG&E to provide an Aircrane for fire suppression support in San Diego County this Fall. SDG&E has leased the aircraft for a 3-month period from September through November 2012, with an option to renew the lease for the same period each year through 2016. Additionally, as a result of the purchase, the Company is relieved of all obligations from the original purchase of the Aircrane by SDG&E, including the put option under the purchase agreement and the remaining obligations under the Cost Per Hour contract.
- Erickson reports FY2014 Q1 results to 31 March 2014
- Erickson to Webcast its Presentation at the Oppenheimer 9th Annual Industrial Growth Conference
- Erickson Announces Date for FY2014 Q1 Results
- Erickson completes 2013 with turnover up 76%
- Erickson appoints VP of Global Aerial Operations
- Erickson Announces Corporate Rebranding
- Erickson Air-Crane announces first firefighting contract in Turkey
- Erickson Air-Crane announces FY2013 Q3 Results to 30th September 2013
- Erickson Air-Crane Announces Contract Extensions with SOCAFRICA
- Erickson Air-Crane announces its largest Australian firefighting contract
- Erickson Air-Crane to present at the Deutsche Bank Leveraged Finance Conference
- Erickson Air-Crane to Webcast its Presentation at Craig-Hallum Alpha Select Conference
- SDG&E Continues Air-Crane Support For Regional Firefighters
- Erickson Air-Crane appoints new CFO
- Erickson Air-Crane wins five year Los Angeles County contract
- Evergreen wins up to $36M for US Navy vertrep work
- Erickson Air-Crane appoints VP of Safety, Security and Compliance
- Erickson Air-Crane Announces MRO Contract with Helicopter Transport Services
- Erickson Air-Crane Announces Contract Extension in Hawaii
- Law Office of Brodsky & Smith to investigate Erickson Air-Crane