Erickson Air-Crane, a leading operator and the manufacturer of the powerful heavy-lift helicopter, the Erickson S-64 Aircrane, today announced its purchase of the Sun Bird Aircraft (“Sun Bird”) and associated spare parts inventory and accessories from San Diego Gas & Electric Company (“SDG&E”).
The Sun Bird is an Erickson model S-64F Aircrane that was originally purchased by SDG&E from Erickson Air-Crane in 2009. The Sun Bird will be added to Erickson’s existing fleet of aircraft and will allow the Company to meet the growing demand for heavy-lift aerial services in the oil-and-gas and powerline construction sectors.
“We are very pleased to have concluded this important transaction with one of our most valued customers, and we are eager to add this Aircrane to our fleet. The timing of our purchase will allow us to take advantage of market opportunities in 2013 and beyond in the oil-and-gas and powerline construction sectors of our business in South America and elsewhere,” said Udo Rieder, President and CEO of Erickson Air-Crane.
In conjunction with the purchase of the aircraft, Erickson Air-Crane entered into an agreement with SDG&E to provide an Aircrane for fire suppression support in San Diego County this Fall. SDG&E has leased the aircraft for a 3-month period from September through November 2012, with an option to renew the lease for the same period each year through 2016. Additionally, as a result of the purchase, the Company is relieved of all obligations from the original purchase of the Aircrane by SDG&E, including the put option under the purchase agreement and the remaining obligations under the Cost Per Hour contract.
- Erickson Air-Crane renews key timber/logging contracts
- Erickson Air-Crane reports FY2012 and Q4 results
- Erickson Air-Crane to present at the Cowen 34th Annual Aerospace and Defense Conference
- Erickson signs $14M contract with Peru’s Pacific Rubiales Energy
- Erickson Air-Crane to Webcast its Presentation at the Imperial Capital Security Investor Conference
- Erickson Air-Crane announces 2012Q3 results
- Erickson Air-Crane names new General Manager
- Erickson Air-Crane to present at the Craig-Hallum 3rd Annual Alpha Select Conference
- SDG&E Renews Air-Crane Support For Regional Firefighters
- Erickson Air-Crane announces 2012 Q2 results
- Erickson Air-Crane announces Q2 conference call
- US Forest Service adds four heavy helicopters to support wildfire suppression
- Erickson Air-Crane wins US Forest Service contract
- Evergreen Helicopters wins $8.1M US million Army contract
- Erickson Air-Crane wins $44M Greek firefighting contract
- 50th Anniversary of CH-54 Skycrane’s Maiden Flight
- Erickson Air-Crane announces Q1 conference call
- Erickson Air-Crane amends stock offering
- Victoria Government angers residents by reducing aerial fire cover
- Erickson Air-Crane lays off 20% of workforce