Soloy Aviation Solutions has delivered four Model 570-1000-1 portable Heliports to San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE). According to Flynn Ortiz, design engineer for SDGE, the company needed to access remote locations of transmission towers for maintenance and inspection. The rugged free standing 12ft x 13ft transportable helicopter pads with a 6,000 lbs capacity met the criteria.
Before the Soloy Heliports, a helicopter had to land miles away from the SDGE transmission tower and personnel had to hike into the area. “Our main objective was safety,” said Ortiz, “and we feel that has been accomplished with the engineering and quality of the Heliports.” Ortiz was also very satisfied with the support that Soloy gave SDGE.
SDGE personnel found that assembly of the Heliports is quick with the patented telescoping legs that adjust to any terrain and lock into position. Made of heat-treated aluminum alloys with stainless steel cables and pins, the Heliport is designed to transfer the load from the landing helicopter throughout the structure, minimizing the loading on any one structural member. The Heliport has a stable sling load and can be set in place with low environmental impact and no site preparation.
“We’ve developed the Heliport as a versatile tool for quick, safe and efficient landings in wet, dry, steep or flat conditions. We’re glad that companies like SDGE can put our Heliports to good use,” commented Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy.
In a related sale, Soloy has just accepted an order for a Model 570-1000-5 to the Australian Government for use in Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory. Recently Soloy has been delivering portable heliports for permanent locating to areas where environmental and safety considerations are foremost.
- Mercy Flight Western New York opens new facility
- Wisconsin – MedLink Air to trial second helicopter for six months
- BHS Helicopterservice partners with jet operator DC Aviation
- Heli-Expo 2017 Housing Opens June 1
- RH Focus Corp expecting to represent Russian Helicopters in Korea
- Russia starts to export Ka52 and Mi-28NE
- HAI ensures helicopter views considered at ICAO panel meeting
- Falcon Aviation signs LOI for one H160
- New heliport proposed in Yonkers suburb of New York
- Russian CAA approves NHV maintenance facility
- Sloane Helicopters renews UK and Ireland Distributorship Agreement with Leonardo
- Oceania Aviation is attending AHIA Rotortech
- Safran Helicopter Engines opens Singapore facility
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AEM to provide Internal PA system for Indian Chinooks
- Avinco launches US subsidiary
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Russian Helicopters launches system to detect hidden rotor blade damage
- L-3 Link CH-47F Operational Flight Trainers released for training
- Mecaer announces US launch customer for 429 MAGnificent interior