Soloy Aviation Solutions has delivered four Model 570-1000-1 portable Heliports to San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE). According to Flynn Ortiz, design engineer for SDGE, the company needed to access remote locations of transmission towers for maintenance and inspection. The rugged free standing 12ft x 13ft transportable helicopter pads with a 6,000 lbs capacity met the criteria.
Before the Soloy Heliports, a helicopter had to land miles away from the SDGE transmission tower and personnel had to hike into the area. “Our main objective was safety,” said Ortiz, “and we feel that has been accomplished with the engineering and quality of the Heliports.” Ortiz was also very satisfied with the support that Soloy gave SDGE.
SDGE personnel found that assembly of the Heliports is quick with the patented telescoping legs that adjust to any terrain and lock into position. Made of heat-treated aluminum alloys with stainless steel cables and pins, the Heliport is designed to transfer the load from the landing helicopter throughout the structure, minimizing the loading on any one structural member. The Heliport has a stable sling load and can be set in place with low environmental impact and no site preparation.
“We’ve developed the Heliport as a versatile tool for quick, safe and efficient landings in wet, dry, steep or flat conditions. We’re glad that companies like SDGE can put our Heliports to good use,” commented Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy.
In a related sale, Soloy has just accepted an order for a Model 570-1000-5 to the Australian Government for use in Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory. Recently Soloy has been delivering portable heliports for permanent locating to areas where environmental and safety considerations are foremost.
Soloy delivers portable helipads to utility company
- FAA and EASA approve Dart R66 cargo hook
- Bell extends UH-1Y and AH-1Z blade deal with Kaman
- Airbus delivers first UH-72A for Army Initial-Entry Trainer Mission
- Bell announces Letters of Intent from Middle East for 505 and 525 models
- Duke of York opens new Nostell Priory base for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- PPG produces transparencies for first S-97 Raider
- Kenya police invite bids for supply of three helicopters
- Regional CHC leader named finalist for Scottish Director of the Year Award
- Bell cuts 315 jobs as V-22 demand falls
- FAA approves Pall PB100F PUREair dry barrier filter on AS350
- UK military extends AW101 suppert contact with AgustaWestland by five years
- Able Begins Distribution Of New Bell 407/429 Calipers & Disc Pmas
- New exhibitors target Helitech International 2015 as the place to do business
- Heli UK Challenge Cup Returns
- Bristow Group Presents At The Scotia Howard Weil 43rd Annual Energy Conference
- HMH-366 Marine earns the Danny L. Radish award for 2014
- Police Helicopter Relocation Under Review Again
- Decorated Helicopter Rescue Pilot visits Museum
- Waypoint Leasing Closes $85 Million Term Loan Facility
- Singapore – Amur Finance buys Lloyd Helicopters