Soloy Aviation Solutions has delivered four Model 570-1000-1 portable Heliports to San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE). According to Flynn Ortiz, design engineer for SDGE, the company needed to access remote locations of transmission towers for maintenance and inspection. The rugged free standing 12ft x 13ft transportable helicopter pads with a 6,000 lbs capacity met the criteria.
Before the Soloy Heliports, a helicopter had to land miles away from the SDGE transmission tower and personnel had to hike into the area. “Our main objective was safety,” said Ortiz, “and we feel that has been accomplished with the engineering and quality of the Heliports.” Ortiz was also very satisfied with the support that Soloy gave SDGE.
SDGE personnel found that assembly of the Heliports is quick with the patented telescoping legs that adjust to any terrain and lock into position. Made of heat-treated aluminum alloys with stainless steel cables and pins, the Heliport is designed to transfer the load from the landing helicopter throughout the structure, minimizing the loading on any one structural member. The Heliport has a stable sling load and can be set in place with low environmental impact and no site preparation.
“We’ve developed the Heliport as a versatile tool for quick, safe and efficient landings in wet, dry, steep or flat conditions. We’re glad that companies like SDGE can put our Heliports to good use,” commented Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy.
In a related sale, Soloy has just accepted an order for a Model 570-1000-5 to the Australian Government for use in Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory. Recently Soloy has been delivering portable heliports for permanent locating to areas where environmental and safety considerations are foremost.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills