Soloy Aviation Solutions has delivered four Model 570-1000-1 portable Heliports to San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE). According to Flynn Ortiz, design engineer for SDGE, the company needed to access remote locations of transmission towers for maintenance and inspection. The rugged free standing 12ft x 13ft transportable helicopter pads with a 6,000 lbs capacity met the criteria.
Before the Soloy Heliports, a helicopter had to land miles away from the SDGE transmission tower and personnel had to hike into the area. “Our main objective was safety,” said Ortiz, “and we feel that has been accomplished with the engineering and quality of the Heliports.” Ortiz was also very satisfied with the support that Soloy gave SDGE.
SDGE personnel found that assembly of the Heliports is quick with the patented telescoping legs that adjust to any terrain and lock into position. Made of heat-treated aluminum alloys with stainless steel cables and pins, the Heliport is designed to transfer the load from the landing helicopter throughout the structure, minimizing the loading on any one structural member. The Heliport has a stable sling load and can be set in place with low environmental impact and no site preparation.
“We’ve developed the Heliport as a versatile tool for quick, safe and efficient landings in wet, dry, steep or flat conditions. We’re glad that companies like SDGE can put our Heliports to good use,” commented Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy.
In a related sale, Soloy has just accepted an order for a Model 570-1000-5 to the Australian Government for use in Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory. Recently Soloy has been delivering portable heliports for permanent locating to areas where environmental and safety considerations are foremost.
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Marenco Swisshelicopter appoints new CEO as founder leaves
- Wessex Helicopter Restoration goes on Display
- Bristow to present two Energy Conferences
- Sloane Helicopters appoints new Robinson Sales Manager
- Bristow Academy’s Gerald Marchal Wins AMT Next Gen Award
- Helijet air ambulance service resumes at all hospital heliports in B.C.
- HNZ Group announces joint venture in Australia to support INPEX contract
- Milestone Names Daniel Rosenthal President and CEO
- Erickson Inc. Receives Final Court Approval of DIP Financing Facility
- PAC International upgrades EC145 for Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program
- Safran activates fully-automated helicopter engine turbine blade production line
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- First EMS Helipad for Manitoba
- Indonesian Air Force Receives First Delivery of H225Ms
- Retrenched Caverton Workers Protest
- Shut Down of Bristow Helicopters in Nigeria
- Dhruv Interested in EASA Certification
- Spain Questions Israel about Drone
- Kenyan Military Receives 6 Hueys