Soloy Aviation Solutions has delivered four Model 570-1000-1 portable Heliports to San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE). According to Flynn Ortiz, design engineer for SDGE, the company needed to access remote locations of transmission towers for maintenance and inspection. The rugged free standing 12ft x 13ft transportable helicopter pads with a 6,000 lbs capacity met the criteria.
Before the Soloy Heliports, a helicopter had to land miles away from the SDGE transmission tower and personnel had to hike into the area. “Our main objective was safety,” said Ortiz, “and we feel that has been accomplished with the engineering and quality of the Heliports.” Ortiz was also very satisfied with the support that Soloy gave SDGE.
SDGE personnel found that assembly of the Heliports is quick with the patented telescoping legs that adjust to any terrain and lock into position. Made of heat-treated aluminum alloys with stainless steel cables and pins, the Heliport is designed to transfer the load from the landing helicopter throughout the structure, minimizing the loading on any one structural member. The Heliport has a stable sling load and can be set in place with low environmental impact and no site preparation.
“We’ve developed the Heliport as a versatile tool for quick, safe and efficient landings in wet, dry, steep or flat conditions. We’re glad that companies like SDGE can put our Heliports to good use,” commented Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy.
In a related sale, Soloy has just accepted an order for a Model 570-1000-5 to the Australian Government for use in Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory. Recently Soloy has been delivering portable heliports for permanent locating to areas where environmental and safety considerations are foremost.
- UK Guimbal Cabri fleet poised to double in 2016
- Norway takes delivery of their first sonar-equipped NH90
- Delivery of 151 Mil Mi-17V-5s to India now completed
- Erickson renews another logging contract
- Russian Helicopters starts build-up to Ka226 production in India
- Former Sikorsky president killed in Arizona warbird crash
- Register Update – Norway – January 2015
- New Director of Sales and Marketing at Sloane Helicopters
- Airbus demonstrates H145 in offshore roles
- Heli-One adds H225 MRO in Poland
- Pro Star Aviation Expedites Certification HTAWS on PHi Bell 407s
- Spectrum Aeromed CEO Appointed to North Dakota District Export Council
- Maverick Helicopters wins FAA Diamond award for fifth straight year
- Conklin & de Decker takes Operating Costs Seminar to Mexico
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145
- Starspeed introduces two new team members
- HeliRussia to include the 4th Air Ambulance & MedEvac Conference
- Bristow wins two five-year Norwegian contracts
- North Myrtle Beach tour operator seeks court mediation
- Rooivalk Squadron honoured with Sword of Peace award