Soloy Aviation Solutions has delivered four Model 570-1000-1 portable Heliports to San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE). According to Flynn Ortiz, design engineer for SDGE, the company needed to access remote locations of transmission towers for maintenance and inspection. The rugged free standing 12ft x 13ft transportable helicopter pads with a 6,000 lbs capacity met the criteria.
Before the Soloy Heliports, a helicopter had to land miles away from the SDGE transmission tower and personnel had to hike into the area. “Our main objective was safety,” said Ortiz, “and we feel that has been accomplished with the engineering and quality of the Heliports.” Ortiz was also very satisfied with the support that Soloy gave SDGE.
SDGE personnel found that assembly of the Heliports is quick with the patented telescoping legs that adjust to any terrain and lock into position. Made of heat-treated aluminum alloys with stainless steel cables and pins, the Heliport is designed to transfer the load from the landing helicopter throughout the structure, minimizing the loading on any one structural member. The Heliport has a stable sling load and can be set in place with low environmental impact and no site preparation.
“We’ve developed the Heliport as a versatile tool for quick, safe and efficient landings in wet, dry, steep or flat conditions. We’re glad that companies like SDGE can put our Heliports to good use,” commented Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy.
In a related sale, Soloy has just accepted an order for a Model 570-1000-5 to the Australian Government for use in Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory. Recently Soloy has been delivering portable heliports for permanent locating to areas where environmental and safety considerations are foremost.
Soloy delivers portable helipads to utility company
- Police Aviation News – March 2015 Edition
- Police Aviation News – February 2015 Edition
- Milestone Aviation Group expanding with new offices in Singapore, Sao Paulo and UAE
- Erickson Announces CEO Transition
- Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNHS) chooses Ramco Aviation Software
- New medical helicopter stationed at Mountain View Hospital
- N.W.T. launches new medevac co-ordination system for communities
- Cadorath Aerospace Awarded Coveted Rolls-Royce M250 FIRST Network Award
- Sikorsky and Bristow Embark on New Era of Search and Rescue
- Sikorsky Recognizes National Helicopter Services Ltd. for Recent S-76D™Helicopter Milestones
- Conklin & De Decker Announces 3rd Annual Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs Seminar
- Conklin & De Decker Offerheli-Expo Visitors Show Discount and Drawing for Tablet
- HNZ Group buys AS350 B2/B3e Level 7 Flight Training Device
- PHI’s AW139 Fleet Passes 25,000 Flight Hours Milestone
- AgustaWestland and Mitsui Bussan Aerospace Sign Basic Ordering Agreement for AW139 Support and Training
- Enstrom brings TH180 development aircraft to Heli-Expo
- USDA Forest Service selects Latitude Technologies
- Latitude Technologies exhibiting at Heli-Expo
- Airbus Helicopter H160 (X4) Takes Centre Stage at Heli-Expo Opening
- Turbomeca demonstrates new Arrano turboshaft will achieve target performance