Soloy Aviation Solutions has delivered four Model 570-1000-1 portable Heliports to San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE). According to Flynn Ortiz, design engineer for SDGE, the company needed to access remote locations of transmission towers for maintenance and inspection. The rugged free standing 12ft x 13ft transportable helicopter pads with a 6,000 lbs capacity met the criteria.
Before the Soloy Heliports, a helicopter had to land miles away from the SDGE transmission tower and personnel had to hike into the area. “Our main objective was safety,” said Ortiz, “and we feel that has been accomplished with the engineering and quality of the Heliports.” Ortiz was also very satisfied with the support that Soloy gave SDGE.
SDGE personnel found that assembly of the Heliports is quick with the patented telescoping legs that adjust to any terrain and lock into position. Made of heat-treated aluminum alloys with stainless steel cables and pins, the Heliport is designed to transfer the load from the landing helicopter throughout the structure, minimizing the loading on any one structural member. The Heliport has a stable sling load and can be set in place with low environmental impact and no site preparation.
“We’ve developed the Heliport as a versatile tool for quick, safe and efficient landings in wet, dry, steep or flat conditions. We’re glad that companies like SDGE can put our Heliports to good use,” commented Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy.
In a related sale, Soloy has just accepted an order for a Model 570-1000-5 to the Australian Government for use in Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory. Recently Soloy has been delivering portable heliports for permanent locating to areas where environmental and safety considerations are foremost.
Soloy delivers portable helipads to utility company
- Sikorsky axing 500 jobs in Poland
- UK – Management Buy-Out at Aeromega
- Air Methods Sponsors Great American Safety Drive
- FCC commits $500,000 over five years to STARS air ambulance
- Korean Coast Guard Chooses AEM Loud Speaker Systems
- Airbus Helicopters wins full-service contract for German H145M fleet
- HNZ buys 49.9% of NHS Norsk Helikopterservice
- Thales Searchwater radar and Cerberus mission system picked for British AW101
- Eagle Copters Australasia officially opens new maintenance and support facility
- Great Western Air Ambulance To Celebrate 7th Birthday
- Conklin & de Decker Announce Commercial Operators Tax Seminar
- HFI Accepting Applications for Scholarships
- Register Update – Switzerland – May 2015
- Register Update – USA – week to 31 May 2015
- Register Update – Canada – May 2015
- Falcon Aviation Services take delivery of two AW189s
- Lockheed Martin awarded $8.5M delivery order for MH-60R/S GPS and ADS-B updgrades
- Lieff Cabraser Announces Class Action Litigation Against CHC
- Flight Safety Foundation Announces BARS for Offshore Helicopter Operations Standard
- Helicopter Service Company and Strategy Partners Group develop ‘Aftersale service 2030′ service strategy