American Eurocopter has delivered three EC135s to Med-Trans with a fourth scheduled for delivery in November
Med-Trans, an industry leading air medical provider, signed an agreement in August to purchase up to 16 EC135 helicopters. The order includes 10 firm bookings and options for an additional six helicopters. The new EC135s will help Med-Trans sustain its market growth and expansion with their new partners in various locations throughout the country.
“We originally selected the EC135 because we wanted a fleet that was not only versatile and reliable, but one that also provided a flexible and adaptable platform that would meet current mission demands and grow with us to meet the needs of our expanding customer base,” said Fred Buttrell, president and CEO of Med-Trans Corporation. “With the addition of these new EC135s we will be able to continue to provide economical aircraft solutions that maximize patient care and partner satisfaction throughout our wider service regions.”
The EC135 has established itself as one of the premier helicopters in the U.S. air medical market. One of the highlights of this was Med-Trans’ selection of the EC135 as the platform for many of its life-saving air medical programs in 2007 with the purchase of eight EC135s and eight options. With the recent delivery, Med-Trans now has 23 EC135s in its fleet.
“The EC135 was designed to meet the demands of operators in variety of mission environments providing high performance, extended range, flexibility, and reliability,” said American Eurocopter Vice President of Commercial Sales and Marketing, Treg Manning. “American Eurocopter is proud to support Med-Trans in providing the highest quality of care to their patients.”
Worldwide, there are more than 1,000 EC135s in service, with approximately 50 percent working in emergency medical services.
- BHS Helicopterservice partners with jet operator DC Aviation
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Airbus starts new MSN series for H135 helicopters
- Airbus wins UK training contract with 29 H135s and 3 H145s
- Airbus highlights EMS capabilities at HeliRussia 2016
- Russian production of H135s to start in 2017
- Babcock confirm Wales Air Ambulance to start night flying
- Wales Air Ambulance – night flights or specialist pediatric EC135?
- Babcock wins wind farm support work from Siemens
- UK wind farm operator centralises helicopter and vessel monitoring
- Hawaii Life Flight EC135 forced to move away from hospital helipad
- REACH opens new base on the Viejas Reservation
- FAA approves Heli-One repair station in Poland
- Helisota adds Airbus Helicopters to its EASA Part 145 capabilities
- Scotland Charity Air Ambulance reports on 1,000th mission
- Spain – Galicia air ambulance flying hours cut
- Thames Valley and Hampshire IOW Air Ambulances start night flights
- Austrian EMS operator receives first H135
- RUAG upgrades EC135 for Geneva University Hospital
- DRF completes sale and leaseback of two EC135s with Waypoint