American Eurocopter has delivered three EC135s to Med-Trans with a fourth scheduled for delivery in November
Med-Trans, an industry leading air medical provider, signed an agreement in August to purchase up to 16 EC135 helicopters. The order includes 10 firm bookings and options for an additional six helicopters. The new EC135s will help Med-Trans sustain its market growth and expansion with their new partners in various locations throughout the country.
“We originally selected the EC135 because we wanted a fleet that was not only versatile and reliable, but one that also provided a flexible and adaptable platform that would meet current mission demands and grow with us to meet the needs of our expanding customer base,” said Fred Buttrell, president and CEO of Med-Trans Corporation. “With the addition of these new EC135s we will be able to continue to provide economical aircraft solutions that maximize patient care and partner satisfaction throughout our wider service regions.”
The EC135 has established itself as one of the premier helicopters in the U.S. air medical market. One of the highlights of this was Med-Trans’ selection of the EC135 as the platform for many of its life-saving air medical programs in 2007 with the purchase of eight EC135s and eight options. With the recent delivery, Med-Trans now has 23 EC135s in its fleet.
“The EC135 was designed to meet the demands of operators in variety of mission environments providing high performance, extended range, flexibility, and reliability,” said American Eurocopter Vice President of Commercial Sales and Marketing, Treg Manning. “American Eurocopter is proud to support Med-Trans in providing the highest quality of care to their patients.”
Worldwide, there are more than 1,000 EC135s in service, with approximately 50 percent working in emergency medical services.
- UK – Midlands Air Ambulance Launches New Volunteering Drive
- Dyfed-Powys Police helicopter to stay in the sky
- Boeing to Train Australian Army and Navy Helicopter Pilots for Next 25 Years
- Bond chooses Britannia 2000 CAMC for NPAS EC135s
- Western Power Distribution Selects EC135P2e
- Aiut Alpin Dolomites receives first EC135 T3/P3
- Metro delivers its 200th EC135 completion
- Head-on collision is 20,000th mission for Wales Air Ambulance
- New training system for ADF helicopter crews
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrades to EC135
- Airbus to move helicopter production from Germany to France?
- Airbus Helicopters delivers China’s first fully-equipped air ambulance
- CarteNav to provide intuitive AIMS mission system software for UK National Police Air Service
- Wales Air Ambulance gets Government commitment for doctors on all flights
- PDG Helicopters wins combined British/Irish lighthouse support contract
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance to upgrade to night-capable EC135T3
- East Anglian Air Ambulance supports British Medical Journal research
- JSSI covers Blackcomb Aviation EC135T2e Engines
- Metro Aviation closer to HeliSAS STC for EC135