Bond Air Services is delighted to congratulate the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity (MAAC) on winning an Air Ambulance Team Award from the Ambulance Service Institute.
The award, presented at a ceremony in London earlier today, recognised MAAC’s exemplary response to an incident in Lucton, Herefordshire in February this year, when all three Midlands Air Ambulance aircraft were called to the scene of a serious accident. The pilots and paramedics formed an integral part of a broader team that included an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, a paramedic area support officer and a BASICS emergency doctor.
Bond Air Services is the operator of air ambulance services in the Midlands and was recently awarded a new seven-year contract, extending its relationship with MAAC to 2019.
Chris Greenhill, Managing Director at Bond Air Services said: “This award is a great accolade for Midlands Air Ambulance. It celebrates the professionalism of the pilots and paramedics who work as a team to provide vital air ambulance services and to save lives.”
Hanna Sebright, CEO of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity said “We are very proud of all the crews involved, this incident demonstrates the absolutely necessity for an air ambulance service in major trauma situations. It also highlights the very close working relationship between the aircrews of MAA and the land crews of West Midlands Ambulance Service, together providing the very highest standard in patient care.”
About Avincis Group
Bond Air Services is part of Avincis Group. Avincis Group is the world’s leading provider of mission critical aviation services. The Group’s mission is to save lives, protect the environment and provide safe transport for mission critical people and assets for public services and blue chip corporations.
Avincis has a global footprint which includes the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Ireland, Norway, Australia, Chile and Peru. The Group operates around 350 rotary and 50 fixed-wing aircraft, from 295 bases in ten countries. Avincis employs almost 3,000 people worldwide and at end 2011 had an annualised turnover of €521 million (£421 million). The Group is headquartered in London.
Bond Air Services congratulates Midlands Air Ambulance on award win
- New EC145T2 arrives with Bond Air Services
- Uni-Fly wins UK windfarm contract with Dong Energy
- Paradigm Aerospace completes ADS-B Out certification on EC135
- Starspeed Welcomes Three New Pilots
- Airbus fleet passes 10 million flight hours on offshore ops
- Metro Aviation delivers fourth EC135 to Massachusetts State Police
- 04-Jan-15 G-EMAA Eurocopter EC135T2 Biddulph, UK
- Spain – Airbus delivers Police EC135 to Police and AS355NP to Road Traffic Authority
- Airbus Helicopters extends German Army EC135 support by seven years
- 15-Dec-14 348 Eurocopter EC135 Lacul Siutghiol, Romania (4F)
- Brazil – Receita Federal adds EC135T2+ in Parana state
- 12-Dec-14 Eurocopter EC635T2+ Samarra, Iraq (2F)
- First enhanced EC135 T3/P3 enters service with Aiut Alpin Dolomites
- New Yale-New Haven Hospital helicopter equipped for critical care
- Staten Island University Hospital Gets New Emergency Helicopter
- FlightSafety and Air Methods announce a new Learning Center in Colorado
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers EC130to Blackcomb Aviation
- 30-Nov-14 C-26 Eurocopter EC135T2 San Miguel, Chile
- UK – Midlands Air Ambulance Launches New Volunteering Drive
- Dyfed-Powys Police helicopter to stay in the sky