Bond Air Services is delighted to congratulate the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity (MAAC) on winning an Air Ambulance Team Award from the Ambulance Service Institute.
The award, presented at a ceremony in London earlier today, recognised MAAC’s exemplary response to an incident in Lucton, Herefordshire in February this year, when all three Midlands Air Ambulance aircraft were called to the scene of a serious accident. The pilots and paramedics formed an integral part of a broader team that included an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, a paramedic area support officer and a BASICS emergency doctor.
Bond Air Services is the operator of air ambulance services in the Midlands and was recently awarded a new seven-year contract, extending its relationship with MAAC to 2019.
Chris Greenhill, Managing Director at Bond Air Services said: “This award is a great accolade for Midlands Air Ambulance. It celebrates the professionalism of the pilots and paramedics who work as a team to provide vital air ambulance services and to save lives.”
Hanna Sebright, CEO of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity said “We are very proud of all the crews involved, this incident demonstrates the absolutely necessity for an air ambulance service in major trauma situations. It also highlights the very close working relationship between the aircrews of MAA and the land crews of West Midlands Ambulance Service, together providing the very highest standard in patient care.”
About Avincis Group
Bond Air Services is part of Avincis Group. Avincis Group is the world’s leading provider of mission critical aviation services. The Group’s mission is to save lives, protect the environment and provide safe transport for mission critical people and assets for public services and blue chip corporations.
Avincis has a global footprint which includes the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Ireland, Norway, Australia, Chile and Peru. The Group operates around 350 rotary and 50 fixed-wing aircraft, from 295 bases in ten countries. Avincis employs almost 3,000 people worldwide and at end 2011 had an annualised turnover of €521 million (£421 million). The Group is headquartered in London.
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned
- Midlands Air Ambulance celebrates 25 years
- Urals Civil Aviation Plant signs deals with Airbus Helicopters and Turbomeca
- FinnHEMS 2015 figures – 5% less responses, 6% more patients treated
- Great Western Air Ambulance has record year in 2015
- Devon Air Ambulance helps launch Master’s Degree course for Paramedic air crew
- Bond extends offshore Irish EC135 contract for another five years
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance wins regional awards
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- East Texas Medical Center celebrates 30 years of Air 1
- 18-Nov-15 N36RX Eurocopter EC135P2e Apple Valley, US-California
- 07-Oct-15 VH-GKK Airbus EC135T1 Cooranbong, Australia (3F)
- Airbus to set up Chinese H135 production line – 100 unit commitment helps
- Metro Aviation starts contract with Cooper University Health Care
- Bright colours revealed for EC135 for Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance
- Midwest MedAir brings new EC135 to Columbus
- Great Western Air Ambulance celebates one year of EC135
- CALSTAR orders five H135
- Massachusetts State Police choses Helicopter Flight Training Center
- Chicago Helicopter Experience Launches CHE Premier Charter Service