Bond Air Services is delighted to congratulate the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity (MAAC) on winning an Air Ambulance Team Award from the Ambulance Service Institute.
The award, presented at a ceremony in London earlier today, recognised MAAC’s exemplary response to an incident in Lucton, Herefordshire in February this year, when all three Midlands Air Ambulance aircraft were called to the scene of a serious accident. The pilots and paramedics formed an integral part of a broader team that included an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, a paramedic area support officer and a BASICS emergency doctor.
Bond Air Services is the operator of air ambulance services in the Midlands and was recently awarded a new seven-year contract, extending its relationship with MAAC to 2019.
Chris Greenhill, Managing Director at Bond Air Services said: “This award is a great accolade for Midlands Air Ambulance. It celebrates the professionalism of the pilots and paramedics who work as a team to provide vital air ambulance services and to save lives.”
Hanna Sebright, CEO of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity said “We are very proud of all the crews involved, this incident demonstrates the absolutely necessity for an air ambulance service in major trauma situations. It also highlights the very close working relationship between the aircrews of MAA and the land crews of West Midlands Ambulance Service, together providing the very highest standard in patient care.”
About Avincis Group
Bond Air Services is part of Avincis Group. Avincis Group is the world’s leading provider of mission critical aviation services. The Group’s mission is to save lives, protect the environment and provide safe transport for mission critical people and assets for public services and blue chip corporations.
Avincis has a global footprint which includes the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Ireland, Norway, Australia, Chile and Peru. The Group operates around 350 rotary and 50 fixed-wing aircraft, from 295 bases in ten countries. Avincis employs almost 3,000 people worldwide and at end 2011 had an annualised turnover of €521 million (£421 million). The Group is headquartered in London.
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White
- Minister for Health approves EC135 for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- First Australian EC135 goes live on military training contract
- SEA supplies Helicopter Simulator technology to Air Ambulance Sector
- DHART Welcomes New Helicopter
- Second Irish Base for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Maxcraft Receives STC for Garmin in Airbus Helicopters EC-135
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- FAA Proposes Civil Penalty Against Air Methods
- Ecocopter Takes Delivery of Frasca EC135 Simulator
- WAA carries out first baby transfer in new incubator
- Airbus celebrates 20 year of the H135