Elbit Systems Ltd. (the “Company”) recently announced that it was awarded two follow-on contracts by the Israeli Ministry of Defense (“IMOD”) for the operation and maintenance of the Israeli Air Force’s (“IAF”) Flight Academy trainer aircraft and helicopters. These contracts were part of the Company’s December 31, 2012 announcement regarding contract awards by the IMOD in the aggregate amount of approximately $315 million covering several business areas. Under the first, such contract for the IAF, which is a follow-on to a contract awarded in 2004, Elbit Systems will provide full logistics and maintenance services on a basis of “Power by the Hour” for the Bell 206 (“Sayfan”) and operational level maintenance for Cobra AH-1A (“Tzefa”) helicopters. In the second contract, a follow-on to a contract awarded in 2009, Elbit Systems will supply maintenance services for the HBC (Hawker-Beechcraft) T-6 (“Efroni”) trainer aircraft. Both contracts will enter into effect during 2014 following completion of the previously awarded contracts.
Yoram Shmuely, Co-General Manager of Elbit Systems’ Aerospace Division, noted:”The decision to renew the contracts for these operation and maintenance programs attests to the IMOD and the IAF’s high level of satisfaction with the service, availability, usability and flight safety achieved throughout the programs to date, ranking Elbit Systems high in the IAF’s quality and performance criteria”. Shmuely added: “We are witnessing a growing global trend toward privatization of training operation and management, and we hope that our experience and reputation achieved in projects tailored for the IAF will enhance our ability to obtain similar projects worldwide.”
Elbit Systems has been providing the IAF with maintenance services for its training aircraft and helicopters since 2002.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (“C4ISR”), unmanned aircraft systems (“UAS”), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial aviation applications and providing a range of support services.
For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems.com.
- Argentina – Santa Fe Provincial Police pick A800 Trakkabeam for Bell 206
- Northwest Dynamics, Inc. Secures FAA Approval for Full PMA Line
- Belize to buy one new or two refurbished helicopters
- 23-Oct-14 N418SV Bell 206B Palm Beach, US-Florida
- 16-Oct-14 N59541 Bell 206B Prattville, US-Alabama
- Pall launches PB110D PUREair Dry Barrier Filters for Bell 206L and 407
- Bulgarian military expects 2 Bell 206s and 2 Cougars in early 2015
- 07-Oct-14 VH-CLR Bell 206B Cooktown, Australia
- 04-Oct-14 N335AE Bell 206L.1 Wichita Falls, US-Texas (3F)
- 04-Oct-14 N4426M Bell 206B Atlanta, US-Arkansas
- Tyler County renews AirEvac contract
- 02-Oct-14 N49746 Bell 206B Woodsboro, US-Texas
- 25-Sep-14 N152CA Bell 206B Pushmataha County, US-Oklahoma
- 23-Sep-14 YV-2537 Bell 206B Tumeremo, Venezuela (3F)
- 16-Sep-14 G-SUEX Bell 206B Flamborough, UK (2F)
- 14-Sep-14 VH-FHX Bell 206B Jabiru, Australia
- 13-Sep-14 C-FNRR Bell 206B Tumbler Ridge, Canada
- 12-Sep-14 N64AW Bell 206L4 LongRanger Tombstone, US-Arizona
- 30-Aug-14 Z-SCA Bell 206L3 LongRanger Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M modification to TH-57 support contract