Elbit Systems Ltd. (the “Company”) recently announced that it was awarded two follow-on contracts by the Israeli Ministry of Defense (“IMOD”) for the operation and maintenance of the Israeli Air Force’s (“IAF”) Flight Academy trainer aircraft and helicopters. These contracts were part of the Company’s December 31, 2012 announcement regarding contract awards by the IMOD in the aggregate amount of approximately $315 million covering several business areas. Under the first, such contract for the IAF, which is a follow-on to a contract awarded in 2004, Elbit Systems will provide full logistics and maintenance services on a basis of “Power by the Hour” for the Bell 206 (“Sayfan”) and operational level maintenance for Cobra AH-1A (“Tzefa”) helicopters. In the second contract, a follow-on to a contract awarded in 2009, Elbit Systems will supply maintenance services for the HBC (Hawker-Beechcraft) T-6 (“Efroni”) trainer aircraft. Both contracts will enter into effect during 2014 following completion of the previously awarded contracts.
Yoram Shmuely, Co-General Manager of Elbit Systems’ Aerospace Division, noted:”The decision to renew the contracts for these operation and maintenance programs attests to the IMOD and the IAF’s high level of satisfaction with the service, availability, usability and flight safety achieved throughout the programs to date, ranking Elbit Systems high in the IAF’s quality and performance criteria”. Shmuely added: “We are witnessing a growing global trend toward privatization of training operation and management, and we hope that our experience and reputation achieved in projects tailored for the IAF will enhance our ability to obtain similar projects worldwide.”
Elbit Systems has been providing the IAF with maintenance services for its training aircraft and helicopters since 2002.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (“C4ISR”), unmanned aircraft systems (“UAS”), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial aviation applications and providing a range of support services.
For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems.com.
- LAPD selects Cobham RT-7000 Tactical Radio
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base
- Argentine military finally confirms purchase of 20 AB206s
- 21-May-16 C-GSHX Bell 206L4 North West Territories, Canada
- L-3 Vertex Aerospace awarded another $80M to support US Navy TH-57 fleet
- 04-May-16 C-GOPK Bell 206B Fort St James, Canada
- Outerlink get FAA STC approval for integrated broadband satcom system on Bell 206L and 407
- First customer installation and flight of VHA 206B Main Rotor Blades completed
- Customer Advantage Plans from Bell to launch in Europe with Heli Charter
- 25-Mar-16 VH-WHU Bell 206B Mackay, Australia (1F)
- 24-Mar-16 C-GGQL Bell 206B Port Renfrew, Canada
- Bell approves new Customer Service Facility in Turkey
- FAA approves Bell to repair Van Horn tail rotor blades
- Aeronautical Accessories gets STC for Bell 206 Polycarbonate Windshield
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- 11-Feb-15 G-OAMI Bell 206B Booker, UK
- Ramm Aerospace B206/407 Frameless Seat Cushions simplifies repairs
- 20-Jan-16 C-GOFH Bell 206L-1 Twin Lakes Camp, Canada
- Power Aviation becomes EASA-approved Kamatics B206 driveshaft European distributor
- L-3 Vertex awarded $25M contract for TH-57 support