Eurocopter Canada Limited (ECL) will recognize outstanding achievement with its presentation of the 2nd Annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’. This award was established as a benchmark in which to measure the advanced achievements accomplished by groups, companies, organizations or agencies in maintaining Canadian rotary wing safe flying operations, while employing an exceptional or groundbreaking approach.
“Through the presentation of this award, we hope to create a broader understanding and awareness of an organizations best safety practices and initiatives,” said Guy Joannes, President & CEO, ECL. “It is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in Canadian business rotary wing operations and an acknowledgement to the skilfulness and overall ability of an organizations management, maintenance, pilot and support personnel teams.”
The award will be presented to the nominee whose professional initiatives have demonstrated a tremendous impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the examination of skill development, training and any additional resources.
The winner of the ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be chosen through a committee selection process, received during the 2013 calendar year. The award presentation will take place at the Helicopter Association of Canada annual conference, November 8th-10th in Vancouver, BC.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or resident of Canada.
- Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
- Successful completion of a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
- An outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
Nominee Applications must include the following information:
- Name of the Nominee.
- Recommended Company/ Organization’s Name.
- Reason for nomination (provide as much detail as possible to meet eligibility criteria).
The award recipient will receive a plaque, certificate of recognition co-signed by the award committee and cash award.
The 2012 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Eurocopter Canada website at:http://www.eurocopter.ca/safetyaward/.
Deadline for submission is Friday, September 6th, 2013.
Please email applications to:
Director, Communications & Corporate Affairs
Committee for the Innovation and Safety Award
Robert Erdos: Chief Experimental Test Pilot, National Research Council of Canada.
Robert Erdos is Chief Experimental Test Pilot with the Flight Research Laboratory of the National Research Council of Canada. His research activities specialize in handling qualities flight testing, with approximately 7,600 flight hours in over 135 types of airplanes and rotorcraft. He attained a Master Degree in Aviation System Research at the University of Tennessee in 1998, is currently qualified on eleven types of flying machines and has gained monumental experience as a test pilot in civil and military aviation.
Fred Jones: President and CEO, Helicopter Association of Canada.
Fred has been HAC’s President & CEO since the Fall of 2008. Formerly Fred was the Vice-President Operations & Legal Affairs for the Canadian Airports Council and prior to that was with the Air Transport Association of Canada (ATAC), most recently as their VP Flight Operations. Fred is a former Transport Canada Inspector, a former TSB Accident Investigator and Safety Analyst, and a current helicopter and fixed-wing Commercial pilot. Fred has a BA in Psychology from Western and a Law Degree from the University of Ottawa. Fred was called to the Ontario Bar in 1986 and is licensed to practice law in the Province of Ontario.
Matt Nicholls: Editor, Helicopters Magazine and Wings Magazine.
Matt Nicholls creates outstanding business publications for the helicopter industry as editor for Helicopters Magazine and Wings Magazine. Matt also works as a freelancer and editorial consultant, for a variety of industry publications. Matt brings forth more than 20 years of editorial experience, supported by a BAA in Journalism from Centennial College and an English degree from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ont. As part as the 2013 editorial coverage at WINGS and HELICOPTERS, Matt will once again lead key industry roundtables with top industry players, covering off a variety of pressing issues.
Mike Reyno: Editor-in-chief and co-publisher of MHM Publishing.
MHM Publishing publishes Vertical, Vertical 911 and Canadian Skies magazines. Mike Reyno has been an aviation photojournalist for 20 years, and is also the co-founder/co-publisher of the largest helicopter magazine in the world, Vertical magazine. Supported by his wife and co-publisher Linda, the two launched Vertical in 2002, Vertical 911 in 2008 and Canadian Skies in 2011.
About ECL & Eurocopter Group
Eurocopter Canada Limited (www.eurocopter.ca) is a subsidiary of Eurocopter. Eurocopter Canada based in Fort Erie, Ontario, with operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec – has a customer support network that spans the entire country. Eurocopter Canada celebrated 2009 as its 25th anniversary year. Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 20,000 people. In 2011, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s number one helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 5.4 billion Euros, orders for 457 new helicopters and a 43 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports some 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,300 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 149 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded