Marking a key milestone in India’s development of modern heliborne resources to support lifesaving missions, AVIATORS Pvt Ltd signed today, in the presence of French President François Hollande, a firm order for an initial batch of seven Eurocopter EC135 aircraft for helicopter emergency medical services (HEMS) operations.
A second order is expected to be carried out later this year and rapid growth is anticipated in the HEMS market – as many as 50 helicopters are expected to be deployed throughout the country in the coming years.
With first deliveries planned to take place by late 2013, AVIATORS is establishing itself as a pioneering HEMS operator in India.
“As the EC135 is a global reference in helicopter emergency medical services, it is highly appropriate that AVIATORS will introduce such operations in India with these extremely capable helicopters,” explained Norbert Ducrot, Eurocopter Senior Vice President for Asia Pacific.
The EC135 is operated worldwide for a broad range of missions, including HEMS, law enforcement, rescue operations and business aviation. Equipped with a Fenestron shrouded tail rotor and bearingless main rotor, the helicopter delivers excellent performance, range and payload capacity. Its large, unobstructed cabin, oversized sliding side doors and rear clamshell doors enable rapid loading/unloading of patients and equipment – even with the rotors turning – which facilitates operations during time-critical emergency medical missions.
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White
- Minister for Health approves EC135 for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- First Australian EC135 goes live on military training contract
- SEA supplies Helicopter Simulator technology to Air Ambulance Sector
- DHART Welcomes New Helicopter
- Second Irish Base for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Maxcraft Receives STC for Garmin in Airbus Helicopters EC-135
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers