The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Spanish Aviation Safety and Security Agency (AESA) signed a Declaration of Cooperation to promote the development and use of sustainable alternative aviation fuels in the United States and Spain. The Declaration was signed by Carey Fagan, FAA Executive Director for International Affairs, and Isabel Maestre Moreno, Director of AESA.
"The U.S. is committed to making aviation as clean and as energy efficient as possible, as part of our NextGen air traffic modernization goals,” said Deputy Secretary of Transportation John D. Porcari, who witnessed the signing of the declaration. “Spain also has an ambitious and innovative alternative jet fuels R&D program, the involvement of all the key stakeholders, and the agricultural resources to support aviation biofuel production. This Declaration of Cooperation will enable us to better share and exchange ideas and best practices to attain our goals.”
The Declaration calls for the U.S. and Spain to exchange ideas, information, skills and techniques, and to collaborate on problems and projects of mutual interest in the development and use of sustainable alternative aviation fuels. The specific areas of cooperation include exchanging information about research results, publications, funded research and development activities. The parties also will share best practices in alternative jet fuel conversion research, development and deployment. The Declaration also enables the FAA’s Office of Environment and Energy and AESA to explore the possibilities for cooperation in other areas, such as researching the life-cycle effects from alternative fuel emissions on the atmosphere, as well as research leading to reductions in the cost of producing alternative aviation fuels.
- NHV and Blueway to merge
- Jim Gardner has been suspended from News 9
- Helicopters approved for Fort Bend County sheriffs
- Aspen Avionics appoints Engineering VP
- Apply Today for an HFI 2015 Scholarship!
- AHS Announces Student Design Competition RFP
- Drone delays CareFlight helicopter landing
- News chopper accidentally shows dead body at murder scene
- Peab to Build a Helicopter Base at Bardufoss in Norway
- More police departments considering the use of drones
- Hartford Hospital’s LIFE STAR Launches Mobile App
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 Helps to Save Refugees In The Mediterranean Sea
- RotorWay Under New Ownership
- Bell Breaks Ground on Lafayette JetRanger X Assembly Facility
- REACH Goes Pink to Support Breast Cancer Awareness
- Dhruv helicopters back in action after Sitapur crash
- US helicopter base covered in safety foam
- Bell Helicopter Training Academy Receives CAAC Part 147 Approval
- Legal bid to get information from helicopter black box
- North Sea Pilots suspended landing on wrong platform