Greenwich AeroGroup company, announced today it has expanded its leadership team with the addition of Captain Renato Clark as its Operations Director.
Clark has more than 25 years of flying and management experience within the Brazilian military and the offshore oil and gas industry. Prior to joining Helivia, he held key positions with two major operators in Brazil. Helivia says it will utilize Clark’s vast knowledge of industry best practices to continue building upon the company’s high standard of safety, compliance and ethical behavior.
“One of Clark’s first actions was to engage us with the International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST) in Brazil,” said Greenwich do Brazil’s President John Fenton. “Helivia will be one of only three operators in Brazil, contributing to such an international committee. This reinforces our commitment in the effort to reduce the international civil helicopter accident rate by 80% by the year 2016.”
IHST is a team of government and industry leaders formed to address the factors affecting an unacceptable international civil helicopter accident rate. Helivia representatives will be participating in various committee meetings, assisting in unofficial investigations of root cuases of accidents as well as reanlaysis of findings and recommendations from such investigations. Additionally they will help spread IHST’s philosophy, safety toolkits, etc., within the Brazilian helicopter community.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd