China’s Ministry of Transport’s (MOT) Rescue and Salvage Bureau has signed a contract for the supply of four Sikorsky S-76D™ search and rescue helicopters, with an option for another four next year, to further enhance MOT’s maritime search and rescue capabilities, Sikorsky Aircraft announced today from the Heli-Expo industry show. Sikorsky, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
The S-76D helicopter is the newest product from Sikorsky Aircraft. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded Type Certification of the S-76D model in October 2012, and the helicopter continues its envelope expansion as the first models move through final modifications for customer deliveries in early 2013.
China’s MOT first introduced Sikorsky S-76 search and rescue helicopters in 2000, and this is the fourth contract it has awarded Sikorsky for the S-76® series of helicopters. When these four aircraft are delivered, MOT will operate a fleet of 12 S-76 search and rescue helicopters of various versions, which have formed the backbone of China’s aerial search and rescue capabilities for maritime operations.
“The continuous selection by MOT of Sikorsky’s S-76 SAR helicopters among various bidding models clearly illustrates the Chinese government’s firm trust and confidence in Sikorsky helicopters,” said Robert Kokorda, Sikorsky’s Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “The fact that MOT chose to be one of the launch customers of the S-76D helicopter demonstrates its satisfaction with Sikorsky’s products and service. We are committed to our customers and will continue to support China’s maritime search and rescue capabilities by delivering the best new performer for the mission, the S-76D.”
Designed for safety, reliability and efficiency, the S-76D helicopter’s standard equipment features are all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades; an advanced THALES integrated avionics system and autopilot; health and usage monitoring system, and active vibration control. The S-76D is powered by Pratt & Whitney Canada’s compact and light-weight PW210S, which delivers the best in class power-to-weight ratio and fuel burn with excellent payload and range benefits. Rotor Ice Protection System for all-weather capability will be available as an option.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. The company’s mission statement reflects its long commitment to safety and innovation: “We pioneer flight solutions that bring people home everywhere … every time™.” United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
Photo shows one of this operators SAR S76C helicopters
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast
- First Sikorsky S76D arrives in Europe
- Nova Scotia EMS Tender Decision on Hold
- Canadian operator buys Sikorsky S-76D
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services