Mecaer Aviation Group (MAG) announced today that, following an intense international competition, it has been selected by Eurocopter to design and manufacture the landing gears’ shock absorbers for the new-generation X4 helicopter.
MAG is responsible for the design, engineering, certification, production and after-sales support of the landing gears, and will provide to Eurocopter the absorbers for the nose landing gear and the two main landing gears and the nose landing gear electrical wheel lock actuator.
"We are very pleased to have been selected by Eurocopter after an extensive assessment of our engineering, manufacturing and product support capabilities” said Armando Sassoli, Co-General Manager of MAG. “Eurocopter is already an important customer and we look forward to extending our supplier relationship to include landing gears” added Sassoli.
“The X4 will benefit from our proven landing gear technology." said MAG’s director of landing systems, Giorgio Cozzolino. “Our objective is to deliver state-of-the-art landing gears’ absorbers with particular attention to environmental, technological and operational efficiencies.”
MAG is already a supplier to Eurocopter on the EC145 for the Mercedes-Benz Style edition interiors, and the landing system solution supplier to several major fixed and rotary wing OEM’s, including AgustaWestland, Bell Helicopter Textron, Diamond Aircraft, Eclipse Aerospace, Piper Aircraft, Turkish Aerospace Industries and the Korean Aerospace Industry.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 22,000 people. In 2012, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 6.3 billion Euros, orders for 469 new helicopters and a 44 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports more than 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,780 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 148 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
About Mecaer Aviation Group
With facilities across Italy, Canada, United States, United Kingdom and Russia, MAG offers Integrated Systems for Helicopters, General Aviation & Business Aircraft and Basic Trainers such as flight control, landing gear and actuation systems, and also passenger flight experience enhancement solutions which include interiors design, development, manufacturing and certification, noise and vibration abatement, sound-proofing, entertainment & communication systems, completion & modification services, as well as MR&O services. More information is available atwww.mecaer.com
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi
- StandardAero New Regional Manager for Russia, India and Asia-Pacific
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Evergreen Helicopters buys two Bell 214STs
- Guidance Aviation President Named Person of Year by SBA
- Aero Sekur returns to Paris Air Show with AW189 liferaft system
- Register Update – Japan – April 2013
- Palm Beach Helicopters receive Part 141 examining authority
- PAvCon Police Aviation Conference starts in Austria on Tuesday
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components