Peruvian operator Servicios Aéreos de Los Andes will operate two modernized Eurocopter Super Puma AS332L helicopters through a lease and support contract with Vector Financial Services, a subsidiary of Vector Aerospace Corporation. These two helicopters – which are from Vector Financial Services’ rotorcraft portfolio – will be in operation by this summer, serving the region’s growing oil and gas industry.
Based in Lima, Servicios Aéreos de los Andes offers a wide range of helicopter transport solutions for its clients in the regional mining and oil and gas industry, while also carrying out corporate and medical transport missions. This Peruvian operator, whose fleet already incorporates four Eurocopter AS350 B3 helicopters, also signed a memorandum of understanding last November for two of the new Super Puma AS332 C1e versions.
Dominique Andreani, the Chief Commercial Officer of Eurocopter’s regional subsidiary, Eurocopter Cono Sur, said the signature with Servicios Aéreos de los Andes represents an important step for the introduction of the Super Puma helicopter family in Peru’s oil and gas and utility transport market. “The Super Puma perfectly matches the region’s operational requirements in terms of size, performance, availability and ease of maintenance,” he added. The AS332 L2 and AS332 C1e both belong to one of the most successful Eurocopter families, the Super Puma/Cougar, which has logged more than 4.5 million flight hours in operations around the globe.
Michael Tyrrell, managing director of Vector UK, states: "The Super Puma is an aircraft ideally suited for utility operations and Vector is proud to be able to bring this opportunity to customers like Servicios Aéreos de los Andes and offer them the chance to add the AS332L to their fleet."
The Super Puma/Cougar family is well tailored for operations in Latin America, where there are currently more than 100 helicopters deployed for civil missions – primarily in passenger transport for the offshore oil and gas industry, along with the military sector’s use, for which they carry out local population aid missions, support in the wake of natural disasters and military reconnaissance. The Super Puma/Cougar family is present in almost every country in the Latin American continent.
“Having performing and reliable helicopters is crucial for our business and thanks to Vector’s lease solution, the aircraft will be available in a few months,” said Walton Mery, CEO of Servicios Aéreos de los Andes. “I am very proud to say that with the Super Pumas our company will be setting new standards in helicopter operations in Peru.” Vector Financial Services (VFS) was formed in 2012 by Vector Aerospace Corporation for the sole purpose of providing cost effective lease and support solutions to utility operators worldwide.
Vector is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, and Kenya, Vector provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector's customer-focused team includes over 2,800 members.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 22,000 people. In 2012, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 6.3 billion Euros, orders for 469 new helicopters and a 38 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports more than 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,780 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 148 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its busines
- Super Puma AS332 L2 G-REDL Fatal Accident Inquiry announced
- 21-Mar-13 D-HEGB Eurocopter AS332L1 Berlin, Germany
- Peru – Servicios Aéreos de Los Andes to lease two AS332s
- Vector Aerospace – the newest AS332 service centre
- Svalbard selects Lufttransport for SAR
- 27-Nov-12 Eurocopter AS532 Liberator, Venezuela
- 19-Nov-12 JA9965 Eurocopter AS332L1 Kita-Hira, Japan
- Turbomeca engines reach 400,000 hours on Citic Offshore fleet
- 22-Oct-12 G-CHCN Eurocopter EC225 Shetland, UK
- Lerwick Harbour pilot boats are key in Bond’s Jigsaw operations
- Bristow completes Baltic AS332 contract
- 25-Jul-12 Eurocopter AS532AL Verdon Gorge, France (6F)
- CHC wins three North Sea contracts worth $820 Million
- 25-Jun-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 Shetland, UK
- Eurocopter establishes Africa’s first full motion Helicopter Simulator
- 06-Jun-12 PR-OMV Eurocopter EC225 Macae, Brazil
- 22-May-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 North Sea, UK
- 10-May-12 G-REDW Eurocopter EC225 off Aberdeen, UK
- Helibras successfully tests new Super Puma lighting panel
- Switzerland takes delivery of first two upgraded Super Pumas