True Blue Power today announced several Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for the TS835 Series lithium-ion emergency power supply (EPS).
True Blue Power received a Part 25 STC for installation of the TS835 Series in LearJet 35/36 models and a Part 27 STC for installation in BK117 and EC145 helicopters. The company amended a Part 23 Approved Model List (AML) STC to include more than 20 aircraft models, including the Beech King Air and Pilatus PC-12.
“The new and amended STCs provide service centers with an easier and more efficient certification path for the installation of our lithium-ion power supplies,” explained True Blue Power’s director of sales, Tom Genovese. “Combined with the product’s advanced design, the STCs add to the unit’s overall lower cost of ownership.”
Through the Part 23, 25 and 27 STCs, the TS835 Series is now approved as a direct replacement for the J.E.T. PS-835 and PS-855 lead-acid batteries. The power supply utilizes the same rack, connector, wire harness and OFF/ARM/TEST switch as the PS-835 and PS-855. In most cases, the installation simply requires removing the original battery and inserting the TS835 into the existing 1/4 ATR mounting rack.
Additionally, the TS835 Series received European Aviation Safety Administration (EASA) Technical Standard Order (TSO) certification in December 2012. True Blue Power now holds FAA, EASA and Transport Canada certifications. “We are pursuing several EASA STC approvals for both OEM and aftermarket installations,” stated Genovese. “We are paving the way for service centers around the world to install True Blue Power products.”
The TS835 Series Emergency Power Supply provides 24.5 VDC power for critical and standby equipment and maintains full capacity by recharging during normal flight operations. The EPS utilizes sophisticated lithium iron phosphate technology, which offers considerable advantages over lead-acid chemistry. A 63 percent weight savings contributes to payload efficiency, while the improved life expectancy is more than double that of legacy products.
The TS835 Series is available from approved avionics dealers and the following True Blue Power distributors: Adams Aviation Supply Co., Aviation Partner Group, Inc., Avionics International Supply, Avionik Straubing GmbH, Dallas Avionics, EDMO Asia Pacific Pty. Ltd., EDMO Distributors, Hawker Pacific Pty. Ltd., Jandakot Instruments, Kadex Aero Supply, Merrill Field Instruments, Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics, Precision Avionics and Instruments, and Sun Aviation.
About True Blue Power
True Blue Power, a division of Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc., specializes in the custom design and manufacture of power solutions for the general aviation industry. Select products feature advanced, lithium iron phosphate battery technology, which offers stable chemistry, faster charging, consistent output, excellent cycle life and superior cost performance — this translates into smaller, lighter products that are less than half the size and weight of existing solutions.
About Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc. (dba Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics)
Mid-Continent Instrument Company manufactures and repairs aircraft instruments, avionics and power solutions for the general aviation industry. Services at the Wichita, Kan., facility include custom design, manufacturing, overhaul/exchange and repair. The company’s Van Nuys, Calif. facility provides new instrument sales and is the top-rated instrument overhaul shop on the West Coast.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years