Fokker Services performed its first official standard part delivery for a NH90 helicopter. During a ceremony in the Fokker Services warehouse in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, representatives from the Dutch Ministry of Defense took receipt of the first batch of aeronautical standard hardware necessary to support their National NH90 helicopter fleet.
Fokker is partner in the consortium that develops, produces and supports the NH90 helicopter. In July 2012, Fokker Services was appointed by NHIndustries (NHI), the Eurocopter Group and Agusta Westland as the exclusive provider for all the NH90 helicopter standard parts for the entire support phase of the NH90 helicopter. The contract is valued at multiple millions Euro’s. Fokker Services was already part of the NHI supply chain with direct access to and a real time interface connection with the NHI Support system containing all logistic transactions (spares, warranty and component repairs) for the entire NH90 helicopter fleet.
Fokker owes this position thanks to their already strong position and excellent reputation as a stock keeping distributor and logistic services provider for several different aircraft, including Fokker, Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Lockheed Martin. On a yearly basis, the Fokker Services facilities in Hoofddorp processes 35.000 incoming and 55.000 outgoing logistic transactions.
“I am particularly pleased to have Fokker Services acting as a “center of excellence” within the NHI community taking care of all the many orders for standard hardware items. I am convinced that this addition will help NHI and its partners to further increase our logistic support performance and to further develop our logistic solutions” declared Xavier Poupardin, Delegated Managing Director of NHIndustries.
Peter Somers, President Fokker Services BV, added he is “very pleased that another platform is added to our logistic capabilities and I am confident that this achievement will further help us to apply our knowledge and experience for the Defense market”
NHIndustries is a French SAS company, based in Aix-en-Provence.
It is wholly owned by Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Fokker Aerostructures and provides the focal point for these companies for the NH90 programme. Established in 1992, NHI has managed the design, development and entry to service of the NH90 for both NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency) and export customers.
About Fokker Services
Fokker Services is part of Fokker Technologies, which develops and produces advanced components and systems for the aerospace industry, and supplies integrated maintenance services and products to aircraft owners and operators. In 2011 the group achieved a turnover of € 685 million with 4,500 employees.
- Safran to power Qatar NH90 fleet
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- 2nd NH90 Sea Lion prototype completes maiden flight
- NH90 joins the digital marketplace
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Last HKP 14 delivered
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- New Zealand eases NH90 flying limitations
- Safran signs contract to support German NH90 engines
- Patria wins contract for the Norwegian NH90 helicopters
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- South Korea to Purchase 12 ASW Helicopters
- KONGSBERG and Leonardo sign agreements for NH-90 and AW101 helicopters
- NH90 Program Passes Major Milestone with Delivery of 300th Production Helicopter
- Safran signs contract to support European NH90 engines
- German Navy NH90 Sea Lion performs maiden flight
- Spanish Army receives first two NH90
- Global NH90 fleet celebrates 100,000 flight hour landmark
- New Zealand Defence Force pleased with NH90 in first overseas deployment