Richmond-based Helijet International continues to firmly develop its presence in the Prince Rupert and Haida Gwaii region of British Columbia’s North Coast.
Helijet announced it has secured four-year air service agreements with two significant BC sport fishing lodges located in the Whale Channel and Caamano Sound regions of the Central Coast of British Columbia.
Together, the service contracts are valued at over $3.5 million. Helijet will provide summer-season service to these resort locations utilizing two twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, which will be operated and maintained by a Helijet team based at Shearwater, adjacent to the Bella Bella Airport.
The 13-passenger helicopters will fly guests and supplies to and from these remote lodge locations, which are situated along some of most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of BC’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not committed to serve Helijet’s lodge clients.
Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam says,“ The opportunity to present our team’s service delivery and safety standards to our recently partnered clients, demonstrates Helijet’s ongoing ability to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the sport fishing industry”.
Helijet has become a leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, now providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters for a total of 14 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts operating in the Haida Gwaii islands and north-central Coast of BC.
Helijet International (TSX: HJI) is a Canadian-owned company, North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying over two million passengers in the past 25 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters for the Province of British Columbia and serves numerous private medical assist service clients.
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast
- First Sikorsky S76D arrives in Europe
- Nova Scotia EMS Tender Decision on Hold
- Canadian operator buys Sikorsky S-76D
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage