Cherokee Nation Industries is furthering its relationship with industry leader Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. The tribal enterprise was recently honored as a 2013 Sikorsky Gold Supplier and awarded a $5.1 million contract to provide frame and instrument panel assembly for the S-300C helicopter.
“Aerospace and defense manufacturing is a core industry in Oklahoma and our business portfolio,” said Principal Chief Bill John Baker. “The Cherokee Nation plays a vital role in this industry and is proud to have earned a new multimillion dollar contract with Sikorsky. This new contract creates more jobs in an advanced, high-tech industry.”
Baker said the Gold Supplier certification “reflects the commitment to quality we have established in our advanced manufacturing efforts at CNI.”
The S-300C is known as one of the finest and most versatile piston engine rotorcrafts. Its maneuverability, responsive handling, range and endurance make it ideal for personal transportation, military and civil training, aerial photography, law enforcement patrol and more.
The 18-month contract allocates $4 million for the production of 84 instrument panels that integrates all flight instruments, with the exception of customer-specified radios. CNI will also provide frame assembly for 74 aircrafts, adding $1.1 million to the contract.
“We have developed a long-standing relationship with Sikorsky and, through that relationship, established a reputation for excellence in our field,” said Chris Moody, president of Cherokee Nation Industries. “We are honored to have the opportunity to expand our work.”
Sikorsky’s Gold Supplier Certification honors Cherokee Nation Industries dedication to best-in-class performance in quality, delivery, lean techniques and customer satisfaction. This is the second, consecutive year CNI has received the honor.
“Maintaining this status rating in such a competitive market is a true testament to our unwavering dedication to quality customer service,” said Moody. “We will continue to work hard every day to ensure the Cherokee Nation is well represented and that the integrity of our industry remains of the highest caliber.”
CNI was established in 1969 to serve as the economic and workforce arm for the Cherokee Nation. The tribal enterprise specializes in aerospace and defense manufacturing, telecommunications and distribution services. The company has offices in Stilwell, Tahlequah, Pryor and Tulsa. CNI is a Cherokee Nation company.
About Cherokee Nation Businesses
Cherokee Nation Businesses is the tribally owned holding company of the Cherokee Nation, the largest Indian Nation in the United States. The Cherokee Nation and its businesses employ more than 8,200 people. CNB owns companies in the gaming, hospitality, information technology, personnel services, distribution, manufacturing, telecommunications, environmental services and security and defense industries.
- 17-Aug-17 OE-XGM Schweizer 300C Engelhartszell, Austria
- 22-May-17 N2032S Schweizer 300CBi Eden Prairie, US-Minnesota
- 29-Jul-15 I-GASF Schweizer 300C Gratosoglio, Italy
- 09-Jun-15 Schweizer 300 Lac Central, Canada
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- FRASCA Provides R44 Helicopter Simulator to China
- 04-Dec-14 CS-HFD Schweizer 300CBi Ponte de Sor, Portugal (2F)
- Frasca wins order for R44/S300 convertible Level 5 Flight Training Device
- 06-Jul-14 ZK-HON Schweizer 300C Ward, New Zealand
- 17-year old completes licence in 43.6 hours with Atomic Helicopters
- 13-Jun-14 OO-JCS Schweizer S300C Cerfontaine, Belgium (1F)
- 12-Jun-14 G-BWAV Schweizer S300C Dunsfold, UK
- 31-May-14 N902CP Schweizer 300C Temple, US-Texas
- 23-Feb-14 VH-HAK Hughes 300C Legerwood, Australia
- Nicholson McLaren Aviation to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- 21-Jul-13 I-GANI Schweizer 300C Cuneo Levaldigi, Italy
- 03-Jul-13 N888ZW Schweizer S300C Burnham, US-Maine
- 25-Mar-13 N90570 Hughes 300C Rialto, US-California
- 19-Feb-13 N2099S Schweizer 300CBi Titusville, US-Florida
- British S300 crash lawsuit plays out in the US