The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk
- Kearfott Corp awarded $7.7M contract for UH-60 servo overhaul and repair
- Honeywell and Pratt & Whitney win design review contract for Black Hawk and Apache engines
- Oregon Army National Guard medevac helicopter unit restructures and renames
- Sikorsky to support Mexican Black Hawks from Colombia
- CPI Aero to Participate at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Advanced Acoustic Concepts awarded $14M MH-60R tactical training contract
- Rockwell Collins awarded $13M contract to repair UH-60 multi-function display unit
- Australia accepts last of 24 MH-60Rs
- HSM-74 Conduct First Swing Loaded Operational Flight on MH-60R
- Sikorsky shows Polish built armed Black Hawk at Farnborough
- Sikorsky flies Infirno sensor system on Black Hawk
- LockMart explores Adaptable Weapons Kit for S70i Black Hawks
- PGZ partners with Sikorsky on Polish S70i bid
- Israel to buy eight surplus Seahawk plus equipment in $300M contract
- Lockheed Martin awarded $40M contract for MH-60R software product improvement
- Australian Army commemorates Black Hawk accident 20 years on
- Sikorsky factory in Poland completes prototype Turkish Utility Helicopter