The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
- Sikorsky awarded $14.5M for UH-60 transmisison overhauls
- Sikorsky wins $203M order for 18 UH-60Ms for Mexico
- Lawsuit blames Sikorsky for January Black Hawk crash
- CAE Brunei launches new training facility
- Lockheed Martin awarded $8.8M delivery order for MH-60 Terrain Awareness Warning System
- Sikorsky awarded $33M contract for UH-60M ground equipment
- Sikorsky awarded $30M more for Saudi UH-60M contract
- 02-Sep-14 Sikorsky MH-60S Fallon, US-Nevada
- IE Pacific awarded $7.8M contract for H-60 facility at Naval Base Coronado
- AAR wins US Army Contract to Overhaul Black Hawk APUs
- First Hellfire missile test for Royal Australian Navy MH-60R
- Tunisia requests 12 UH-60M Black Hawks
- US Army selects Pall inlet barrier filters for Black Hawk
- Sikorsky awarded $14M delivery order on Australian MH-60R program
- Lockheed Martin awarded $11M MH-60R/S retrofit program contract
- Australia – $35M MH-60R facility approved for construction near Nowra
- MQ-8B Fire Scout successfully tested aboard ship with MH-60R
- US Army Europe aviators arrive in Poland with UH-60Ls
- Black Hawk to come home to National Navy Seal Museum in Ft Pierce
- Carnegie Mellon and Sikorsky cooperate on Unmanned Ground Vehicle for autonomous Black Hawk