The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
- Sikorsky awarded $56M for five UH-60M for Mexican Navy
- HH-60W – USAF designation for new combat rescue Black Hawk
- See Ryan Aerospace (Australia) at I/ITSEC USA 2014
- Sikorsky given $46M to rework two VH-3D and one VH-60N
- Sikorsky awarded $316M to upgrade H-60 weapon system
- Sikorsky awarded $535M for eight MH-60S and 29 MH-60Rs
- Lockheed Martin wins $8M delivery order for MH-60R/S cockpit work
- Lockheed Martin awarded $24M delivery order for MH-60R avionic improvements
- Arizona National Guard Black Hawk crew suspended over Halloween candy drop
- Twin Haven buys Apache / Black Hawk supplier Impresa
- Phyre Technologies, Inc. CTPD program successfully demonstrates GOBIGGS™
- 12-Oct-14 Sikorsky SH-60 Kartepe, Turkey (4F)
- Sikorsky awarded $21.7M option for two UH-60Ms
- Lockheed Martin awarded $6.8M delivery order for MH-60R Digital Rocket Launcher updates
- Woodward awarded $47M contract for T700 common fuel control work
- Mexico orders $93M package including eight UH-60Ms
- Thales awarded $7.7M repair order for H-60 sonar
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M contract at NAS Fallon, including MH-60S
- Sikorsky awarded $14.5M for UH-60 transmisison overhauls
- Sikorsky wins $203M order for 18 UH-60Ms for Mexico