The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
- Sikorsky marks 30,000 Black Hawk hours in Brazilian military operation
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for BE UH-60 Blackhawk weapon system parts
- 07-Aug-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 10 refurbished Black Hawk to fight Australian fires
- United Technologies awarded $28M contract for procurement of 420 auxiliary power units of UH-60 Black Hawks
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Raytheon awarded $11M contract for MH-60 Airborne Mine Neutralization Systems
- Martin-Baker awarded $27M contract for 1,016 UH-60 Blackhawk operator seats
- Sikorsky awarded $38M contract for the renovation of 381 UH-60 tail rotor blades
- 01-May-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Scottsville, US-New York
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- Ohio National Guard Blackhawk Upgrade
- First South Korean Female Pilot Instructor
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership
- Three Black Hawks for Hawaii Army National Guard
- Sikorsky delivers 1000th H-60M to US
- SIkorsky statement regarding Polish order
- US approves $81M Common Missile Warning System sale to Egypt
- Skycore and Unocal bring UH-60A Black Hawks to market
- Rockwell Collins selected by U.S. Army for UH-60Ms