The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Lockheed Martin awarded $10M for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky and Turkey sign Black Hawk licensing and manufacturing agreements
- US Air Force mulls whether it can afford HH-60G Pave Hawk replacement
- Third and Fourth Australian MH-60Rs Complete Production
- Sikorsky Training Academy Graduates First Class of S-70i Pilots and Maintainers
- 23-Feb-14 EJC-2160 Sikorsky UH-60L Hondas, Colombia (4F)
- Engility awarded $40M contract for EW system modifications, including MH-60R
- US Army 1-228th Aviation Regiment gains deck-landing qualifications
- US Coast Guard helicopters train aboard the US Navy’s newest warship
- Sikorsky awarded $10M more for Presidential VH-3D and VH-60N fleet
- UH-60M Instructor pilot earns Broken Wing Award
- 09-Feb-14 Sikorsky UH-60 Lilburn, US-Georgia
- USS Halyburton MH-60R assists in rescue of crashed Panamanian Bell 412EP
- Exelis to provide radios for US Army Blackhawks and Chinooks
- Rumours of Sikorsky sell-off exaggerated – for now…
- Kratos receives $35M contract for MH-60 Aircrew Training Systems
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M contract to include SH-60 maintenance
- CV International awarded $15M contract for helicopter maintenance platforms
- Breeze-Eastern wins $37M contract for Advanced Rescue Hoists