The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
Final MH-60J to MH-60T conversion begins for US Coast Guard
- Forestry Commission and National Guard partner for firefighting training in South Carolina
- Northrop Grumman contract CPI Aero for MH-60S Airborne Laser Mine Detection System
- Northrop Grumman to Showcase Tomorrow’s Solutions for Today’s Army Aviation Force at Quad-A Summit
- Sikorsky awarded $93M contract for eight UH-60M for Tunisia
- Mexico requests three UH-60M in total package worth $110M
- Pall delivers 200th PUREair Dry Barrier Filter Element for US Army Black Hawks
- Sikorsky awarded $241M option for 22 UH-60M
- 09-Mar-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Pensacola, US-Florida (11F)
- Lockheed/Sikorsky JV awarded $2 Billion contract for H-60 weapon systems
- UH-60 helps US and Polish forces hone interoperability skills
- Slovakia requests nine UH-60M Black Hawks
- Raytheon awarded $10M turret order for Australian MH-60R fleet
- Northrop Grumman to Feature Global Defence Capabilities at IDEX 2015
- 16-Feb-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Hafar al-Batin, Saudi Arabia (4F)
- Northrop Grumman Receives Contract for MH-60S Laser Mine Detection Systems
- Raytheon awarded $45M job orders for MH-60 multi-spectral targeting system
- Northrop Grumman awarded $35M for Northrop Grumman airborne laser mine detection work
- BSC Partners awarded $13.6M modification to MH-60 training device contract
- 21-Dec-14 Sikorsky MH-60S Camp Buehring, Kuwait
- Sikorsky awarded $56M for five UH-60M for Mexican Navy