The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
- Sikorsky awarded $25M five-year contract for Black Hawk blade repairs
- BSC Partners awarded $6M modification to MH-60S trainer contract
- Fleet Readiness Center Southeast takes on Pave Hawk
- Calspan to provide Variable Stability System for U.S. Naval Test Pilot School Black Hawk
- Widows of MH-60S Pilots Killed in 2013 Red Sea crash file lawsuit
- Sikorsky contracted for two more UH-60Ms for Mexican Navy
- Sikorsky picks Rockwell Collins avionics for combat rescue UH-60W
- SAIC awarded $11.8M contract for MH-60 weapon system support
- Raytheon wins $33M contract modification for ten MH-60R sonar systems
- Sikorsky contracted for four UH-60Ms for Slovakia
- Aurora Flight Sciences awarded $15M more for UH-60 ALIAS program
- 04-Sep-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Sanford, US-Florida
- CAE Brunei Multi-Purpose Training Centre plans to become ATO
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract to expand UH-60L Aircrew Labor In-Cockpit Automation System
- San Diego Air & Space Museum welcomes SH-60B Seahawk
- Elbit to Supply DIRCM Self-Protection Systems for European and Asian Black Hawks
- 21-Jul-15 81-23609 Sikorsky UH-60 McPherson, US-Kansas
- 14-Jul-15 Sikorsky UH-60 El Bejuco, Colombia (4F)
- Sikorsky awarded $11M modification for Jordanian UH-60M order
- CAE to develop an MH-60R composite maintenance trainer for Australia