The Coast Guard’s H-60 Conversion Project, which modernizes the Service’s legacy fleet of H-60J Jayhawks to the upgraded MH-60T configuration, recently achieved three major milestones, project officials said. On March 15, 2013, the last MH-60J pilot completed training to transition to the MH-60T; on May 2, the last MH-60J air station completed the transition to the MH-60T with delivery of CGNR 6018 to Air Station Clearwater, Fla.; and on May 13, the last MH-60J – CG 6024 – was inducted for conversion to the MH-60T configuration at the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Elizabeth City, N.C.
“These milestones are the result of thousands upon thousands of man-hours beginning with the initial planning phase in 2002 and continuing through prototyping, developmental and operational testing, entering full rate production and the establishment of the initial logistics required to meet the required availability,” said Steve Kellogg, H-60 project manager.
The MH-60T upgrade features the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) cockpit and new Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Bacher, H-60 deputy project manager, noted that the project’s ongoing work includes the installation of Enhanced Digital Engine Control Units (EDECU), which automatically provides additional power to the aircraft’s engines in emergency situations. CGNR 6015, currently on the product line at the ALC, will be the first to receive the EDECU system. Additionally, the project will install the Advanced Diagnostic Vibration Management System (ADVMS), which provides maintenance crews with a means to digitally monitor vibrations throughout the aircraft, helping in the early detection of weakening components.
- US Army selects Pall inlet barrier filters for Black Hawk
- Sikorsky awarded $14M delivery order on Australian MH-60R program
- Lockheed Martin awarded $11M MH-60R/S retrofit program contract
- Australia – $35M MH-60R facility approved for construction near Nowra
- MQ-8B Fire Scout successfully tested aboard ship with MH-60R
- US Army Europe aviators arrive in Poland with UH-60Ls
- Black Hawk to come home to National Navy Seal Museum in Ft Pierce
- Carnegie Mellon and Sikorsky cooperate on Unmanned Ground Vehicle for autonomous Black Hawk
- US Navy’s FRCSE refurbishing helicopters for Spanish Navy
- Australian Army Black Hawk upgrade to hit 70 jobs
- Sikorsky awarded $24M more for UH-60 support
- L-3 awarded $48M contract for three UH-60L sims for Saudi Arabia
- CBP Receives Latest Black Hawk UH-60 “L” Model
- Sikorsky awarded $143M contract for 13 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Lockheed Martin awarded $38M contract for Danish MH-60R Advanced Data Transfer System
- Sikorsky to Develop Autonomous Black Hawk For Cargo Missions
- PAS MRO Awarded Long-Term Contract for UH-60 Rotor Blade Tip Cap Overhaul
- NAS North Island ceremony marks official opening of Hangar 370
- Sikorsky awarded $7.9M delivery order for MH-60S countermeasure kits
- Lockheed Martin awarded $6.7M delivery order for H-60R/S cockpit repair