An innovative total support solution for Eurocopter helicopters in deployed operations was launched with a consortium agreement signed yesterday at the Paris Air Show by its five participants: Eurocopter, DAHER, DCI, Eurotradia and Vector Aerospace.
This latest accord builds on a previous agreement, signed in 2011, that set a voluntary 20% reduction in CO2 emissions over a three-year period at Eurocopter’s plant in Donauwörth, Germany.
The agreement was signed by Matthieu Louvot, Vice President Support and Services at Eurocopter, and by Jean-Pascale Naud, Commercial Director and Béatrice Piau, Save Program Manager for SDV.
“Working with SDV, Eurocopter is fully committed to implementing sustainable environmental business practices that go beyond carbon offsetting by also placing the focus on reducing CO2 emissions in its logistics operations worldwide,” explained Mr. Louvot.
The purpose of the Eurocopter – SDV Save Program is to define a concrete framework for reducing the carbon footprint of spare parts transport and neutralizing all residual CO2 emissions.
The target set is a reduction in CO2 emissions over a period of three years from the initial roll out date, with the following guidelines:
– Target 30% air shipments
– Reduce 25% of CO2 emissions on these shipments
– Reduce 20% of CO2 emissions on the pre-carriage
SDV’s methodology for the Save Program is based on an integrated three-step solution that involves a CO2 calculator to monitor the carbon footprint of shipments on a regular basis; the creation of eco-solutions that optimize the supply chain and reduce CO2 emissions; and a voluntary carbon offset program aiming at a carbon neutral logistics system.
“We are extremely happy to extend our program with Eurocopter, which has a global and sophisticated logistics network,” added Mr. Naud. “Eco-friendly practices really provide an additional lever in supply chains. Having Eurocopter by our side, committed, is the best sign for tomorrow’s logistics challenges.”
About SDV (www.sdv.com)
SDV, a company of Bolloré Logistics, is a global leader in supply chain management ranking among the world’s top 10 in transport and logistics with a network of 600 offices in 99 countries.
Our solutions match the complete logistics needs of importers and exporters, upstream and downstream of production: organizing transport, customs and regulatory compliance, logistics, industrial projects and supply chain services. SDV is a specialist in the aerospace and defense industries thanks to more than 30 years of experience and a network of 800 experts who are trained to the technologies specific to this sector, with a presence in over 20 countries all operating within structures which are available 24/7.
About Eurocopter (www.eurocopter.com)
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 22,000 people. In 2012, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 6.3 billion Euros, orders for 469 new helicopters and a 44 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports more than 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,780 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 148 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s