An innovative total support solution for Eurocopter helicopters in deployed operations was launched with a consortium agreement signed yesterday at the Paris Air Show by its five participants: Eurocopter, DAHER, DCI, Eurotradia and Vector Aerospace.
This latest accord builds on a previous agreement, signed in 2011, that set a voluntary 20% reduction in CO2 emissions over a three-year period at Eurocopter’s plant in Donauwörth, Germany.
The agreement was signed by Matthieu Louvot, Vice President Support and Services at Eurocopter, and by Jean-Pascale Naud, Commercial Director and Béatrice Piau, Save Program Manager for SDV.
“Working with SDV, Eurocopter is fully committed to implementing sustainable environmental business practices that go beyond carbon offsetting by also placing the focus on reducing CO2 emissions in its logistics operations worldwide,” explained Mr. Louvot.
The purpose of the Eurocopter – SDV Save Program is to define a concrete framework for reducing the carbon footprint of spare parts transport and neutralizing all residual CO2 emissions.
The target set is a reduction in CO2 emissions over a period of three years from the initial roll out date, with the following guidelines:
– Target 30% air shipments
– Reduce 25% of CO2 emissions on these shipments
– Reduce 20% of CO2 emissions on the pre-carriage
SDV’s methodology for the Save Program is based on an integrated three-step solution that involves a CO2 calculator to monitor the carbon footprint of shipments on a regular basis; the creation of eco-solutions that optimize the supply chain and reduce CO2 emissions; and a voluntary carbon offset program aiming at a carbon neutral logistics system.
“We are extremely happy to extend our program with Eurocopter, which has a global and sophisticated logistics network,” added Mr. Naud. “Eco-friendly practices really provide an additional lever in supply chains. Having Eurocopter by our side, committed, is the best sign for tomorrow’s logistics challenges.”
About SDV (www.sdv.com)
SDV, a company of Bolloré Logistics, is a global leader in supply chain management ranking among the world’s top 10 in transport and logistics with a network of 600 offices in 99 countries.
Our solutions match the complete logistics needs of importers and exporters, upstream and downstream of production: organizing transport, customs and regulatory compliance, logistics, industrial projects and supply chain services. SDV is a specialist in the aerospace and defense industries thanks to more than 30 years of experience and a network of 800 experts who are trained to the technologies specific to this sector, with a presence in over 20 countries all operating within structures which are available 24/7.
About Eurocopter (www.eurocopter.com)
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 22,000 people. In 2012, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 6.3 billion Euros, orders for 469 new helicopters and a 44 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports more than 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,780 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 148 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills