Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), congratulates long-time customer PJ Helicopters for developing world-class precision-lift services over its more than 40 years of operations.
The success of Red Bluff, Calif.-based PJ Helicopters is supported by Donaldson’s Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) systems. The IBFs protect the safety, performance and reliability of seven turbine helicopter models flown by the family-owned company while reducing their maintenance costs. PJ Helicopters has retrofitted 14 IBF systems on its Bell Helicopter 206B3s, 206L3s, 407s and UH-1Hs and its MD Helicopters MD500D/Es and MD530F.
“PJ Helicopters’ aircraft and crews routinely fly to dusty landing zones and remote sites on critical utility, firefighting and heavy-lift missions. Quality protection of their engines is a must,” said Eric Erickson, General Manager of Donaldson Aerospace & Defense in St. Louis. “We are proud to provide that protection and congratulate PJ Helicopters on its success in fulfilling its customers’ demanding requirements.”
Since it was founded in 1971, PJ Helicopters has grown from a small agriculture spraying business to a world-class precision-lift operator, adding one to two helicopters each year in the last decade. The company serves all industries throughout the U.S., performing power-line inspections and maintenance, pipeline support, construction and external loads work, firefighting, law enforcement and other utility missions. It offers the only night-vision utility service in the U.S., with Bell 407s equipped with the latest night-vision goggle technology.
“We don’t want to compromise our engines with dirt or FOD, so it’s critical to have quality inlet barrier filtration on every aircraft,” said PJ Helicopters Director of Maintenance David McCammon. “These filters work as hard as we do — and that’s saying something.”
In addition to shielding engines from dirt and foreign object damage on missions, Donaldson’s IBFs prevent engine performance loss and reduce unscheduled removals that result from dirt, dust and sand erosion and contamination. The IBFs are designed for ease of maintenance. For instance, an integral Filter Maintenance Aid allows for on-condition inspections pre- and post-flight to assist in mission planning and visual inspections of the filter’s condition. IBFs for related aircraft types also use common modules; the Bell 206L3 and 407 installations, for example, use a common filter design.
To learn more about the Donaldson Aerospace & Defense group, visit www.DonaldsonAerospace-
About Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group
Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed-wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology and providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise and global presence. Our approximately 12,500 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 140 sales, manufacturing and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI. Additional information is available at www.donaldson.com.
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Bell 407 operator LJ Aviation renews ACSF registration
- Sonoma County Sheriff gets sign off for new Bell 407GXP
- New Bell representative for UK and Ireland
- 18-May-17 N6040Y Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- 13-May-17 Bell 407 Mosul, Iraq
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems B407 Cargo Hook Kits
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center to Replace Bell 407
- 02-May-17 N457PH Bell 407 Grand Bay, US-Gulf of Mexico
- PhilJets Confirms Addition of Airbus H130, H145, and Bell 407 Helicopters in Its Fleet