Latitude Technologies continues to push forward expanding the company’s portfolio of IONode™ Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) system STCs, announcing the addition of a Transport Canada STC for the IONode ION100 advanced data acquisition unit for Bell medium helicopters including the Bell 204, 205, 212, 214, and 412 model types. This is the first IONode standalone STC for Part 29 Transport Category rotorcraft, following on Latitude’s earlier success in securing STCs for Part 23, Part 25 and Part 27 aircraft categories for IONode FDM installations done in combination with SkyNode® transceivers.
Mark Insley, Latitude Technologies President, expressed great pleasure at achieving the IONode STC for Bell mediums.
“The 212 STC is another important step in our product certification goals and it certainly facilitates the growing number of valued fleet customers with Bell medium helicopters that are looking forward to getting comprehensive and reliable FDM systems installed on their ships to gather and process flight data for maintenance, flight safety, and other operational requirements.” Insley added, “We expect to be announcing IONode certifications for more aircraft types shortly.”.
In conclusion, Insley reinforced Latitude’s position in the FDM and Satcom sector. “Latitude is gaining worldwide recognition as the industry leader in automated, adaptable, and cost-affordable flight data information solutions. Timely retrieval of FDM and ECTM data anytime, for any aircraft type anywhere, including a wide range of reporting and analytics service options is what the IONode system is all about. We believe our customer’s investment in safety should also include tools that optimize a wider scope of operational tasks. That’s good business.”
About Latitude Technologies
Latitude Technologies Corp., headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, is a vertically integrated manufacturer and provider of flight data, flight following, and satellite communications equipment and services. Latitude’s SkyNode® products are the most versatile and economical-to-operate aeronautical communication devices in the world. The company’s IONode is the industry’s first lightweight flight data recorder and advanced data acquisition unit, capable of real-time event and exceedance alerts and automated post-flight wireless data transfer. SkyNode and IONode STCs are available for hundreds of airframes. Latitude provides reliable and secure aviation data and communication options for crew safety, fleet logistics, and operations and maintenance efficiency with WebSentinel flight data management platform for desktops, dispatch centers, and mobile devices. For more information about Latitude’s flight data and satcom solutions, visit www.latitudetech.com or call 1-888-966-5599.
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies