On July 3, 2013, Robinson Helicopter Company issued two Service Letters detailing the replacement of current disposable paper element radial air filters with a cleanable air filter for R22 and R44 helicopters. According to the Service Letters, disposable A771-1 (R22) and C771-1 (R44) engine air filters have been superseded by reusable B771-1 and B771-2 filters which feature fuel resistant metal frames. Instead of replacing the old-style filter at 100 hour service intervals, the new filters can simply be cleaned and inspected. There is a five year or six hundred hour service life with the new filters. Full instructions for installation and service are included with the service letter.
According to Robinson Technical service, the replacement has no relation to Service Bulletin 85 issued in 2012 and addressed a faulty batch of C771-1 filters. “The washable nature of the new filters is just a superior option that Robinson chose to implement”.
The cost for the R22 B771-1 filter is $89 and $98 for the B771-2 R44 Model. Rotorcorp currently has both models in stock and available. Call us today to order yours!
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- UND installs R44 Tanis Engine Preheat Kit
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- 11-Nov-17 N744BS Robinson R44 Page, US-Arizona
- 06-Nov-17 N7085M Robinson R44 Inwood, US-Iowa
- 18-Aug-17 VH-LGN Robinson R44 Channel Point, Australia
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- Mexico approves Apollo spray systems for R22 and R44
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- Japan approves R44 cargo hook from Onboard Systems
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- FAA warns FAR Part 135 R44 operators
- 09-Jun-17 N590GG Robinson R44 Douglas, US-Wyoming
- 03-Jun-17 N7091F Robinson R44 Dimmit, US-Texas (1F)
- 02-Jun-17 D-HFCQ Robinson R44 Rostock, Germany
- Toledo Police grounded as city sells their only helicopter