EagleMed LLC has begun air medical service operations in Cody, Wyo., for West Park Hospital, a primary, full-service medical center serving communities throughout Wyoming’s Big Horn Basin. EagleMed is the preferred air medical services provider for the Wyoming hospital.
When fully staffed, the base will have approximately 15 EagleMed flight, medical, management and ground support personnel. EagleMed’s new Cody base operates a new medically configured Eurocopter AS350 B3 helicopter. The Eurocopter AS350 B3 is designed for high-altitude terrain with a mission range of 180 nautical miles and a cruising speed of 138 mph. It can carry patients who are up to 400 pounds and 6’4″ inches tall.
Operates in Nine States
“As we grow, EagleMed is pleased to add another base to our service area that now includes 27 locations in nine states,” said EagleMed President Larry Bugg. “To date, Cody is the furthest west community that we serve, but we are continually looking for other communities where the citizens require life-saving critical care air medical transport services.”
EagleMed pilots and staff undergo extensive aviation and rigorous safety training. EagleMed medical crews consist of a registered nurse and a paramedic with advanced clinical certifications. EagleMed’s clinical staff maintains the highest level of continuing education and competencies.
State-of-the-Art Equipment and Safety Focus
EagleMed maintains a fully staffed, technologically advanced, 24-hour communications center in Wichita. The company operates state-of-the-art aircraft equipment and modern, up-to-date clinical equipment. Every rotary-wing crew member has capability with night vision goggles, which are the most proactive safety technology in the industry for night flight.
EagleMed’s senior leadership has a combined 150 years of aviation safety experience. The company’s employees received the 2010 President’s Award for safety from the Association of Air Medical Services, the 2011 Safety Award from the Helicopter Association International, the 2012 Just Culture Best Practices Award from the Commission on Accreditation of Air Medical Transport Services (CAMTS), and National EMS Pilots Association 2012 Pilot of the Year Award.
The company operates CAMTS accredited bases. The company’s locations are in Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas and Wyoming. EagleMed operates a fleet of 15 medically equipped Eurocopter AS350 helicopters and 15 Beechcraft King Air fixed-wing aircraft and has more than 400 highly trained employees.
EagleMed is a membership-supported air ambulance service that is part of the AirMedCare Network. AirMedCare is America’s largest air medical membership network, providing the highest levels of care and access for its 1.5 million members. The AirMedCare Network combines the membership programs of four leading air ambulance operators: EagleMed, REACH, Air Evac Lifeteam and Med-Trans Corporation.
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Swiss Rotor Solutions takes AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit to ALEA 2017
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska