The hard work and professionalism of the Volunteers and Staff of Weston-super-Mare’s Helicopter Museum has been acknowledged by The Arts Council of England, with the aviation attraction being awarded a new National Accreditation Status.
The Accreditation Scheme sets nationally agreed standards for museums in the UK. The Helicopter Museum was originally accredited in 1997 but since then the standards have become much more stringent and collections are also required to demonstrate progress. There are currently just under 1800 museums participating in the scheme, demonstrating their commitment to managing collections effectively for the enjoyment and benefit of users.
“Peoples expectations of museums have increased,” said Collections Officer John Clews “By passing this new accreditation standard we are considered a museum which is dedicated to best practise in governance, collections care and visitor experience as laid out by the country’s leading heritage experts. We are all over the moon to receive this accolade.”
The Helicopter Museum, which celebrates it’s 25th Anniversary next year, houses the World’s largest collection of rotorcraft including two aircraft of the Queen’s Royal Flight. Many of it’s rare exhibits enjoy top benchmark status on the National Aviation Heritage Register.
The Museum, itself a registered charity, stages a variety of events for visitors of all ages throughout the year and offers educational resources and services to local schools and groups.
For information about the Museum please visit it’s website at www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s