The hard work and professionalism of the Volunteers and Staff of Weston-super-Mare’s Helicopter Museum has been acknowledged by The Arts Council of England, with the aviation attraction being awarded a new National Accreditation Status.
The Accreditation Scheme sets nationally agreed standards for museums in the UK. The Helicopter Museum was originally accredited in 1997 but since then the standards have become much more stringent and collections are also required to demonstrate progress. There are currently just under 1800 museums participating in the scheme, demonstrating their commitment to managing collections effectively for the enjoyment and benefit of users.
“Peoples expectations of museums have increased,” said Collections Officer John Clews “By passing this new accreditation standard we are considered a museum which is dedicated to best practise in governance, collections care and visitor experience as laid out by the country’s leading heritage experts. We are all over the moon to receive this accolade.”
The Helicopter Museum, which celebrates it’s 25th Anniversary next year, houses the World’s largest collection of rotorcraft including two aircraft of the Queen’s Royal Flight. Many of it’s rare exhibits enjoy top benchmark status on the National Aviation Heritage Register.
The Museum, itself a registered charity, stages a variety of events for visitors of all ages throughout the year and offers educational resources and services to local schools and groups.
For information about the Museum please visit it’s website at www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter