The hard work and professionalism of the Volunteers and Staff of Weston-super-Mare’s Helicopter Museum has been acknowledged by The Arts Council of England, with the aviation attraction being awarded a new National Accreditation Status.
The Accreditation Scheme sets nationally agreed standards for museums in the UK. The Helicopter Museum was originally accredited in 1997 but since then the standards have become much more stringent and collections are also required to demonstrate progress. There are currently just under 1800 museums participating in the scheme, demonstrating their commitment to managing collections effectively for the enjoyment and benefit of users.
“Peoples expectations of museums have increased,” said Collections Officer John Clews “By passing this new accreditation standard we are considered a museum which is dedicated to best practise in governance, collections care and visitor experience as laid out by the country’s leading heritage experts. We are all over the moon to receive this accolade.”
The Helicopter Museum, which celebrates it’s 25th Anniversary next year, houses the World’s largest collection of rotorcraft including two aircraft of the Queen’s Royal Flight. Many of it’s rare exhibits enjoy top benchmark status on the National Aviation Heritage Register.
The Museum, itself a registered charity, stages a variety of events for visitors of all ages throughout the year and offers educational resources and services to local schools and groups.
For information about the Museum please visit it’s website at www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion