The United States Helicopter Safety Team (USHST), has developed a free mobile app for iPads, iPhones, and Android phones that will provide helicopter pilots and operators with expert safety information at their fingertips at any time. The app, which will be available for download at Heli-Expo 2014, is the USHST’s first step in its “I Fly Safe” initiative aimed at improving safety education and reducing accidents.
The USHST is a sub-group of the International Helicopter Safety Team which leads a worldwide government and industry cooperative effort to address factors that are affecting an unacceptable helicopter accident rate.
Using the I Fly Safe app, pilots and operators have access to a library of the latest USHST safety bulletins, essays, fact sheets, and videos, plus a link to the new www.USHST.org web site. The USHST app can be downloaded from the Apple Store to any mobile device.
“With this initiative, we are able to place safety information inside the cockpit and directly in the hands of pilots,” explains Bill Chiles, president and chief executive officer of Bristow Group and the Industry Co-chairman of the USHST. “This can offer helicopter operators useful knowledge whenever they need it.”
After this initial step, USHST plans to expand the mobile app and the I Fly Safe initiative later this year with an interactive learning component. The expanded app would offer a learning environment with interactive quizzes and games focused on enhancing helicopter safety awareness and skills. In addition, the USHST envisions that by using the full I Fly Safe mobile platform and its safety education offerings, pilots and operators will be able to earn credits in the FAA’s WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program. USHST is currently working with the FAA to develop this program.
Editor note – if searching in Appstore, search on USHST – you will not find it easily searching on iFlySafe….
- Turkish Aerospace Industries Signs Sikorsky Deal
- Coast Guard Budgets for New Hangar
- National Grid moves to Robinson R44s for UK gas pipeline contract
- VNH Training Center receive the third Cabri G2 Helicopter
- Announcing M International’s $125,000.00 Accessory Cash Giveaway
- JETNET Attending 2017 HAI Heli-Expo
- Able Debuts Virtual Tours, Touchscreens at New Heli-Expo Booth
- Vector Aerospace leases five AS332L Super Puma helicopters to Starlite Aviation
- FAA Announces Aviation Safety Rating for Kenya
- Airbus awarded contract to retrofit 26 Bundeswehr CH-53 helicopters
- Ukrainian LCH KT122 – UOP Premiere at Idex 2017
- Dutch shipbuilder Damen launches superyacht support vessel with helipad and hangar
- Traverse City Coast Guard to Receive Fleet Upgrade
- Satellite Tracking for UTair Helicopter Services
- Los Angeles Police Dept order four airbus H125
- New Helicopter Tours Announced in Costa Rica
- KABC-TV Unveils State-of-the-art AIR7HD
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas
- Bell delivers first fully customized aircraft from Prague Facility
- Huangling Turns into a Golden Field of Seasonal Wonder as Spring Arrives