On Fridayday, the HeliHub.com team filed the 19,000th news story on the site, a truly remarkable achievement in just under five years – an average of nearly 15 stories per working day. No other website files this volume of news – and indeed no other website comes anywhere near us on breadth of news too – we cover more countries, more topics etc etc than any other.
HeliHub.com news can be accessed via the website, our @helihub feed on Twitter or via RSS feed. We also provide a daily email at 0900GMT covering all the stories from the previous 24 hours – or you can choose to just pick up stories from the air ambulance sector, law enforcement, offshore support or a fifth one which just looks at helicopter safety data and issues.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.
Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Airwork customers hit 300,000 customer flight milestone
- EASA and FAA approve Alpine Aerotech bear paws for Bell 505
- Helicopter-based electricity pylon delivery relies on wireless load sensing
- uAvionix says skyBeacon nearing certification
- Helicopter Services Malta launches superyacht service package
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Dallas Avionics to Pre-Sale Certified uAvionix skyBeacon
- Multiflight to exhibit at Heli UK Expo