Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated EAC -2.31% (“Erickson” or “the Company”), a leading global provider of aviation services to a diverse mix of commercial and government customers, and the vertically-integrated manufacturer and operator of the powerful heavy-lift Erickson S-64 Aircrane helicopter, announced today that the company will now do business under the brand name of “Erickson.”
The company took this important step to reflect changes in the business created by the 2013 acquisitions of McMinnville, Oregon-based Evergreen Helicopters and Brazilian aviation services company Air Amazonia, a subsidiary of HRT (an independent oil and gas exploration company). After more than 40 years of primarily operating the S-64 Aircrane, Erickson now flies a diverse, global fleet of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft including heavy-, medium- and light-lift solutions. The Company has transformed its operations to serve a wide range of customers and end markets.
In addition to an all-new logo and look and feel, other changes include:
Udo Rieder, Chief Executive Officer of Erickson, commented, “This was truly a transformative year for our organization. We now operate a diversified fleet and are well positioned to provide full-spectrum aerial services in support of our customers’ needs, across an ever-broader number of markets. We are operating as one, unified team with a singular culture and a common purpose. We believe the name change we’ve announced today reflects those aspects of our transformation and will serve us well in the future as we focus on a global opportunity for growth and market leadership.”
The Company officially debuted its new brand at this year’s Helicopter Association International (“HAI”) HELI-EXPO trade show in Anaheim, California. For information, visit heliexpo.rotor.org.
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services to a diverse mix of commercial and government customers. Erickson currently operates a diverse fleet of 90 rotary-wing and fixed wing aircraft, including a fleet of 20 heavy-lift S-64 Aircranes. This fleet supports a wide and worldwide variety of government and commercial customers, across a broad range of aerial services, including critical supply and logistics for deployed military forces, humanitarian relief, firefighting, timber harvesting, infrastructure construction, and crewing. Erickson also maintains a vertical manufacturing capability for the S-64 Aircrane, related components, and other aftermarket support and maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for the S-64 Aircrane and other aircraft.
Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and maintains facilities and operations in North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.ericksonaviation.com .
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point