Turbomeca (Safran) rewards executives from three customers from Nepal. On behalf of the Airlines Operators Association of Nepal (AOAN), Turbomeca CEO Olivier Andriès will present trophies to Mr. Sudhir Mittal, Chairman Shree Airlines; Capt Dawa Sherpa, Chairman Mountain Helicopters and Capt Rameswar Thapa, Chairman of Simrik Air.
Shree Airlines recently took delivery of an AS 350B3e fitted with an Arriel 2D gas turbine. The growing airlines has signed with Airbus Helicopters for a further six AS350B3e and three EC130T2 and offers services including heli-skiing, business charter, SAR and Medevac.
Mountain Helicopters operates three A-Stars with Arriel engines and Simrik Air has two B3e models, both with Arriels. The engines are under Support By the Hour SBH® contracts and one of those has an application pending.
At Heli-Expo Turbomeca celebrates 40 million flying hours logged by Arriel engines. The milestone is further proof of the exceptional reliability offered by this family of turboshafts: since 1977, over 11,000 engines of the type have been produced. Many of the 40 million hours have been flown during operations in extreme conditions on 40 different types of helicopter.
Turbomeca (Safran) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced 70,000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,500 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 30 proximity maintenance centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units. For more information: www.turbomeca.com and www.safran-group.com.
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Swiss Rotor Solutions takes AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit to ALEA 2017
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska
- 13-May-17 HB-ZTM Airbus AS350B2 Kandersteg, Switzerland (1F)
- H125 FastFin Approved by Transport Canada
- 10-May-17 G-HKCN Airbus H125 Bergen, Norway
- Swedish pilots involved in helicopter accident
- 07-May-17 9N-AKG Airbus AS350B3e Everest Base Camp, Nepal