Turbomeca (Safran) rewards executives from three customers from Nepal. On behalf of the Airlines Operators Association of Nepal (AOAN), Turbomeca CEO Olivier Andriès will present trophies to Mr. Sudhir Mittal, Chairman Shree Airlines; Capt Dawa Sherpa, Chairman Mountain Helicopters and Capt Rameswar Thapa, Chairman of Simrik Air.
Shree Airlines recently took delivery of an AS 350B3e fitted with an Arriel 2D gas turbine. The growing airlines has signed with Airbus Helicopters for a further six AS350B3e and three EC130T2 and offers services including heli-skiing, business charter, SAR and Medevac.
Mountain Helicopters operates three A-Stars with Arriel engines and Simrik Air has two B3e models, both with Arriels. The engines are under Support By the Hour SBH® contracts and one of those has an application pending.
At Heli-Expo Turbomeca celebrates 40 million flying hours logged by Arriel engines. The milestone is further proof of the exceptional reliability offered by this family of turboshafts: since 1977, over 11,000 engines of the type have been produced. Many of the 40 million hours have been flown during operations in extreme conditions on 40 different types of helicopter.
Turbomeca (Safran) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced 70,000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,500 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 30 proximity maintenance centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units. For more information: www.turbomeca.com and www.safran-group.com.
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters