U.S. Helicopters Inc. a premier provider of full service, exclusive use Electronic News Gathering (ENG) helicopter programs in the U.S., continues to upgrade its fleet with the addition of two new Airbus Helicopters Inc. AS350B2s.
Delivered in July and December of 2013, the two new B2s will service news stations in two of the top five U.S. television markets as U.S. Helicopters continues to upgrade its fleet upgrade.
“We value our relationship with Airbus Helicopters Inc.,” said Greg Parsons, General Manager of U.S. Helicopters. “Their understanding of our needs, and that of our customers, helps us to deliver the right solution on time and on budget. Most importantly, Airbus Helicopters’ product support is always there when we need it to keep up with our demanding 24/7 operations.
“We have transitioned from a ‘one on every corner’ business model to a ‘high performance, responsive service, latest technology model’ to meet growing customer needs in a very demanding industry.”
The AS350B2 is required to support larger and heavier equipment needs including a U.S. Helicopters designed operator/engineer console in the cabin, while providing additional payload, speed, performance, hover, and on station time, all critical components of ENG. U.S. Helicopters designed and certified the modular console so it can be easily installed, removed, and modified.
“The AS350B2 offers the best cost-benefit of all new aircraft in class to meet end-user requirements, and the low acquisition and direct operating costs give stations best use of their budget dollars,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters, Inc. “We are pleased U.S. Helicopters continues to choose Airbus elicopters for their customers’ needs.”
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank