MD Helicopters Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company and leading manufacturer of commercial, air-rescue, military and law enforcement helicopters, announced that the Bolivian Ministry of the Interior has placed orders for two MD 530F aircraft. The aircraft will be operated by the Bolivian National Police to provide additional airborne security for the Ministry of the Interior. Delivery is scheduled for the second quarter of 2014.
“We are honored that the Bolivian government has selected the MD 530F to support their most demanding police and airborne security missions,” said Ms. Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer of MDHI. “The MD 530F is the finest high-altitude, hot-day performer in the world. We look forward to providing exceptional support to the Bolivian National Police as they expand their airborne fleet with proven MD aircraft.”
MDHI has partnered with Helicopters de Bolivia to establish a service center in Santa Cruz; its opening is to coincide with the aircraft delivery. The MD 530F helicopters delivered to Bolivia will be equipped with the latest technologies to support both safe flight operations and police missions. The aircraft will be utilized during the upcoming G77 World Security conference in Santa Cruz.
Equipped with the 650 shp. Rolls Royce 250-C30 engine and longer main-rotor blades, the MD 530F performs exceptionally well in hot and high conditions. The MD 530F has increased control with its tailboom extended eight inches, and benefits from lengthened tail rotor blades, which provide increased thrust and directional control at high altitudes. The MD 530F’s multiple operational capabilities enable greater mission versatility and performance. This dependable aircraft has greater take-off power and significantly higher hover ceiling levels than its competitors, with hover in ground effect capability of 16,000 feet ISA. The MD 530F also retains the family characteristics of speed, agility, low direct operating costs and the ability to operate with ease in confined spaces.
Visit MD Helicopters in booth 6922, hall D at the 2014 HELI-EXPO, to meet with product specialists and see the latest advancements in the world’s leading aerial scout fleet.
- Virginia Beach Police welcome MD530F
- Kenya orders 6 MD530Fs
- MD delivers MD530F to Afghan Air Force
- Tennessee Valley Authority Purchases MD530F
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- Fresno County Sheriff welcomes new MD530F
- Fresno County Sheriff’s Office MD 530F Purchase
- Gwinnett County Police Department purchase MD530F
- Gwinnett OKs replacement for crashed MD530F
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- Triumph Agreement with MD Helicopters Extends Support
- MD Helicopters win $1.4 Billion MD530F contract
- Virginia Beach Police purchase a MD530F
- MD drops development of the MD540A
- Hamilton County Sheriff to upgrade MD500E to 530F standard
- MD Helicopters awarded $77M contract for Logistics Support for Afghanistan MD530F Fleet
- Kenya orders twelve MD530F helicopters
- MD Helicopters delivers last three MD530F to Afghan Air Force
- MD Helicopters delivers last Afghan MD530Fs