DynCorp International (DI) has been awarded a subcontract to provide aerial firefighting support to the New South Wales Rural Fire Service in Australia. DI will perform as a subcontractor to Touchdown Helicopters of New South Wales, Australia.
“We are pleased that our commercial and international strategy has taken root and is gaining traction,” said Chris Bernhardt, president, DynCorp International. “This win shows how DynCorp International is taking a superior service that it currently offers the U.S. government – in this case, providing aerial firefighting support for the state of California and the U.S. Forest Service – and bringing that tradition of excellence to new commercial and international customers. We are proud to now call ourselves an international aerial firefighting company.”
Through this subcontract, DI will provide aircraft, pilots and an aircraft maintenance team to support the program’s UH-1H helicopters.
The subcontract has a one year base period, with two one-year options for a total potential value of $3.2 million.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on more than six decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)
- Mint Turbines sponsor T53 Maintenance Page on UH1 Operators Website
- Full Restoration for Vietnam War Era Huey
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- Argentine Army considers Huey II
- Aircraft Structural Repair to sponsor UH1OPS.com
- Orange County Sheriff completes hoist training wtih AH+RT
- Belize Defence Force holds ceremony for two donated UH-1s
- Bell awarded $7M order for radar systems for UH-1Y and AH-1Z helicopters
- Colombian Air Force receives 7th Huey II upgrade kit