HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
- Genesys HeliSAS® Stabilization & Autopilot System Certified For EC130T2
- Cool City Avionics Receives FAA TSO for Autopilot Family
- 04-Sep-14 N217HP Eurocopter AS350B3 Lincoln, US-California
- 28-Aug-14 N991SD Airbus AS350B3 Hemet, US-California
- 23-Aug-14 PR-NEO Airbus EC130B4 Goianira, Brazil
- 18-Aug-14 C-GSSS Airbus AS350B2 Matagami, Canada
- 16-Aug-14 ZK-HYO Eurocopter AS350B2 Mount Alta, New Zealand (1F)
- Thommen HSL-1600 Searchlight Chosen for Tulsa Police Department AS350 B2 Helicopters
- Ceremony held for new Elmore Co. medical helicopter
- 06-Aug-14 C-FXAH Eurocopter AS350 Fairview, Canada
- 03-Aug-14 SX-HVJ Eurocopter EC130 Paros, Greece
- Airbus Helicopters Canada delivers AS350 B3e to Lakeshore Helicopters
- 01-Aug-14 N3597T Eurocopter AS350 Tahoma, US-Washington
- 27-Jul-14 I-LUPU Eurocopter AS350B3 Varco Sabino, Italy (2F)
- 25-Jul-14 PR-HSC Eurocopter AS350B2 Novo Progresso, Brazil
- 25-Jul-14 N154GC Eurocopter EC130 Boulder City, US-Colorado
- 23-Jul-14 C-GTEQ Airbus AS350B3 Points North Landing, Canada
- Thales Helicopter Training Centre receives EASA qualification and starts operations
- Metro Aviation features Texas DPS completion at ALEA event
- 18-Jul-14 N197BH Eurocopter AS350B2 Kapalua, US-Hawaii