HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
- LAPD contracts with FlightSafety for AS350B3 simulator training
- Valley Med Flight open new base at Roseau
- 02-Nov-15 VH-SFX Airbus AS350BA Whyanbeel, Australia
- Spanish Police impound three helicopters and pilots on drug smuggling allegations
- Mexico approves Onboard Systems H125/AS350 cargo hook
- 26-Oct-15 C-GSLY Airbus AS350B2 Deadhorse, US-Alaska
- 24-Oct-15 N911WL Airbus AS350B3 Folsom Lake, US-California
- 24-Oct-15 F-GOLH Airbus EC130 Megève, France
- AMRG launch Wiregrass Life Flight
- Jerry Trimble Helicopters adds Elite helicopter sim
- Air Medical Resource Group orders three H125s and two EC145s
- 15-Oct-15 5Y-DKK Airbus AS350B3 Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania (4F)
- 11-Oct-15 PK-BKA Airbus EC130 Lake Toba, Indonesia (4F)
- 24-Sep-15 ZS-OCB Airbus AS350B2 South Africa
- Airbus completes 12 year inspection of Lee County (Florida) AS350
- Transport Canada approves Metro Aviation EC135 and AS350 simulators
- 22-Sep-15 OB-1941-P Airbus AS350B3 Ollantaytambo, Peru (5F)
- 21-Sep-15 B-7445 Airbus AS350B3 Gullin, China (2F)
- 16-Sep-15 F-HCSC Airbus AS350B3 Boisses, France
- 14-Sep-15 LN-OFC Airbus AS350 Narvik, Norway