HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
- Airbus completes 12 year inspection of Lee County (Florida) AS350
- Transport Canada approves Metro Aviation EC135 and AS350 simulators
- 16-Sep-15 F-HCSC Airbus AS350B3 Boisses, France
- 09-Sep-15 N253HP Airbus AS350B3 Draper, US-Utah
- 06-Sep-15 N914SM Airbus AS350B3 Ironton, US-Colorado
- 02-Sep-15 N146AE Airbus AS350B2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 21-Aug-15 I-GBVD Airbus AS350B3 Arzana, Italy
- JSSI Launches Parts-Only Program for AS350
- 08-Aug-15 CS-HIA Airbus AS350B3 Lapa, Portugal
- 31-Jul-15 I-CMCM Airbus AS350B3 Alpe Zocca, Italy (3F)
- 30-Jul-15 C-GBPS Airbus AS350BA Rigolet, Canada (1F)
- 29-Jul-15 N6095U Airbus AS350B2 Tucson, US-Arizona
- Helinet to install microwave downlink on Suffolk County AS350s
- 16-Jul-15 D-HCOL Airbus AS350B2 Portugal
- Ohio State Highway Patrol orders first US-built H125 AStar
- 14-Jul-15 HB-ZIS Airbus AS350B3 Guggigletscher, Switzerland (1F)
- 12-Jul-15 N498PT Airbus AS350B Bridgeport, US-California
- 10-Jul-15 N572AM Airbus AS350B2 Tallahassee, US-Florida
- 03-Jul-15 N390LG Airbus AS350B3e Frisco, US-Colorado (1F)
- 03-Jul-15 N974BR Airbus EC130 Somerset, US-Colorado