HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
- 27-Oct-14 Airbus AS350B2 Bisbee, US-Arizona
- 25-Oct-14 N108LN Airbus AS350B3 Denver, US-Colorado
- Airbus Helicopters showcases AS350B3e for law enforcement at IACP 2014
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute Helitowcart BearPaws for Robinson and Airbus models
- 17-Oct-14 N852BP Eurocopter AS350B3 Lordsburg, US-New Mexico
- 21-Oct-14 N145PR Eurocopter EC130 Pasadena, US-Texas
- RUAG Aviation upgrade improves safety and comfort of AS350
- 10-Oct-14 N229LA Eurocopter AS350B2 Los Angeles, US-California
- Maverick Helicopters expands to Hawaii in Spring 2015
- 04-Oct-14 N490H Eurocopter AS350B3 Lubbock, US-Texas
- Vector to support Orange County Sheriff AS350 and UH-1H
- Ultimate Heli to install PA100 PUREair Engine Protection System in AS350
- 02-Oct-14 HB-ZJC Eurocopter EC130 Bart, France (5F)
- 27-Sep-14 HS-CCN Eurocopter EC130 Naung Mon, Myanmar (1F)
- 5Videos That Every Helicopter Pilot Needs to Watch
- Vector Aerospace becomes D-Level Repair Center for AS350, AS355 and EC130
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS350 for Muti-Mission Use
- Wysong Enterprises showcases Hospital Wing EC130 at AMTC14
- Genesys HeliSAS® Stabilization & Autopilot System Certified For EC130T2
- Cool City Avionics Receives FAA TSO for Autopilot Family