HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
HNZ Australia expands base at Karratha
- 21-Jan-15 C-GJPW Airbus AS350B2 Key Lake, Canada
- FAA approves Donaldson filter for EC130T2
- 08-Jan-15 XA-SMG Airbus EC130B4 Juarez, Mexico (2F)
- 06-Jan-15 I-LASW Airbus AS350B3 Pertica Bassa, Italy
- EagleMed Air Medical Transport Company Grows During 2014
- 27-Dec-14 PT-HNC Helibras HB350B Bertioga, Brazil (5F)
- Phoenix Heli-Flight expands NORTH FDM technology to single engine fleet
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS355to Hydro One Inc.
- EASA approves Airbus Helicopters training and support in China
- 16-Dec-14 N352SL Airbus AS350B2 Bicknell, US-Utah
- Riverside County to order two AS350B3
- 50,000 trainees in 50 years: Airbus Helicopters Training Services reaffirms its commitment to safety
- Oklahoma City Police put two new AS350B3e AStars into service
- Medical copter service returning to Green Valley area
- 20-Nov-14 RA-04032 Airbus AS350B3 Mikhalchikovo, Russia (5F)
- EagleMed Commences in Montana
- 13-Nov-14 N425U Eurocopter AS350BA Panguitch, US-Utah
- Sundance Helicopters Debuts New Website
- Clever Refinements for AS350/355 Aircraft
- 27-Oct-14 N5204X Airbus AS350B2 Bisbee, US-Arizona