HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
- Thales Helicopter Training Centre receives EASA qualification and starts operations
- Metro Aviation features Texas DPS completion at ALEA event
- Airbus Helicopters promote in-house 12-year inspections
- Airbus feature new Oklahoma AS350B3e at ALEA conference
- Airbus Helicopters Inc. announces new financing plans for government owned AS350s
- Three Chinese operators order 123 Airbus helicopters over 5 years
- First EC130T2 delivered into Canadian market
- World Cup – Helisul flies aerial cameras with AS350 fleet
- Brazil – Helibrás delivers three AS350B2s to the State of Pará
- 03-Jul-14 N832PA Airbus AS350B3 Winnemucca, US-Nevada
- 28-Jun-14 N567NA Eurocopter AS350B2 Chisik Island, US-Alaska
- 29-Jun-14 N350CR Eurocopter AS350B2 Dietrich, US-Idaho
- Philadelphia Police add AS350B2
- Aerial Power Lines add AS350B3e and EC135T2e for Malaysian power grid ops
- 27-Jun-14 N69PJ Eurocopter AS350 Mayhill, US-New Mexico
- 26-Jun-14 N808LF Eurocopter AS350B3 Temple, US-Texas
- Mid Atlantic Sim Center in Iceland and Indra sign an agreement for AS350 Simulator.
- 24-Jun-14 LN-OSY Airbus AS350B3e Hjerkinn, Norway
- 23-Jun-14 N407EM Eurocopter AS350B2 Leary, US-Texas
- EagleMed selects Metro Aviation for AS350 simulator training