HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
- BLR Aerospace starts taking orders for H125 FastFin
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- LAPD selects Cobham RT-7000 Tactical Radio
- Airbus takes Seminole County Sheriff H125 AStar to ALEA Convention
- Royal Bhutan Helicopter Services receives second H130
- Chicago Helicopter Experience adds EC130
- Corail Hélicoptères takes delivery of new H130
- Simrik Air buys AS350B3 from Panama
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight names two new Medical Affairs Managers
- Vector completes first 12-year inspection on San Bernardino County Sheriff AS350
- Helinet takes two helicopters to American Heroes Air Show
- FAA and Transport Canada approve Onboard hook for AS350 series
- Heli Support NZ praises PA100 PUREair System for AS350
- Airbus puts H215 demonstrator into humanitarian relief work
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- London Helicopter Charters gains its own AOC
- Dart Aerospace to exhibit helicopter floats at SAFE Europe Symposium
- Seattle news helicopter crash survivor files lawsuit
- 17-Mar-16 9N-AJI Airbus AS350B3e Langtang, Nepal
- 16-Mar-16 C-FBLW Airbus AS350BA Smithers, Canada