HNZ Australia have made a strategic expansion in the resource rich sector of north-west Australia. Their Karratha Helicopter Base which has run 24 hours a day Marine Pilot Transfer operations continuously for over 20 years, has now diversified into single-engine utility operations as well.
Targeting a specific gap in the market, HNZ have positioned two of their ‘new generation’ AS350B3 Squirrels to capture the smaller work missed by the heavily contracted larger machines in the area.
“There is just so much activity here in the north-west, both on-shore and off-shore, that helicopters have become an indispensable tool in the workplace. The oil and gas companies have all moved to large volume machines and consequently we have found a good source of revenue for the smaller, more cost-effective B3’s” Brenton Davis said. “Because the B3 is ‘new technology’ with the FADEC engine, it is being very well received by the higher safety standards now being demanded across the sector. It’s increased performance and payload is also allowing us to provide consistent results throughout the demanding summer temperatures, where operations are regularly conducted above 40 degrees celsius.”
HNZ have equipped one of their machines with fulltime emergency pop-out floats for extended overwater operations, and the other with a cargo-swing allowing up to one tonne to be lifted on the hook.
The As350B3s are in good company on the tarmac sharing the HNZ apron with the companys’ three brand new AW109SPs. HNZ can be contacted directly for north-west utility operations on 0458 068 117 or at their Perth Headquarters on 08-9267 1600.
HNZ Australia expands base at Karratha
- City of Perth approves floating helipads trial on Swan River
- India – Heritage Aviation acquires two H125 helicopters
- 16-Apr-15 N111FN Airbus AS350B2 Van Nuys, US-California
- 09-Apr-15 ZS-HTS Airbus AS350B3 Mazabuka, Zambia (1F)
- Palmerston North Rescue upgrades from AS350 to BK117
- Californian Highway Patrol picks Trakka A800 searchlight for AS350 fleet
- The Airbus Helicopters Foundation provides aid in Vanuatu following Tropical Cyclone Pam
- 02-Apr-15 N5204G Airbus AS350B2 Tomball, US-Texas
- 30-Mar-15 Eurocopter AS350 Wilburton, US-Oklahoma
- FAA approves Pall PB100F PUREair dry barrier filter on AS350
- 27-Mar-15 XA-DSO Airbus AS350B3 San Martin de Porres, Mexico (4F)
- Vanuatu / Cyclone Pam – Garden City Helicopters to the rescue
- Japan certifies Onboard Systems AS350 (H125) Cargo Hook Swing Retrofit Kit
- 16-Mar-15 F-GIJQ Airbus AS350BA Sinnamary, French Guyana
- 13-Mar-15 N814EH Airbus AS350B2 Anchorage, US-Alaska
- 12-Mar-15 N919EM Airbus AS350B2 Stidham, US-Oklahoma (1F)
- FRASCA International and HNZ Group Announce Simulator Program
- 09-Mar-15 LQ-FJQ Airbus AS350B3 Villa Castelli, Argentina (5F)
- 09-Mar-15 LQ-CGK Airbus AS350B3 Villa Castelli, Argentina (5F)
- North Flight Data Systems receives Canadian Validation for AS350 and EC130 installation March 2nd, 2015