With the presentation of the first prototype of the SKYe SH09 at the 2014 Heli Expo, Marenco Swisshelicopter confirms the great interest from operators and positive response from the worldwide helicopter market.
A total of 11x additional letters of intent were signed in the time-frame of the Heli Expo, which places the company’s book-order at a level of 59x aircraft for deliveries ranging from 2015 to 2017.
The prototype attracted crowds to the booth and was acclaimed by visitors, prospects and the launch customers.
Mathias Senes, Chief Commercial Officer, points-out that with the great efficiency and efforts of the HAI team, the Heli Expo has become the moment for our industry with guests coming from all over the world: “The show was the occasion to present the latest news in the development of the SKYe SH09. All found it essential that Marenco Swisshelicopter was able to demonstrate the progresses made and the presence of the first assembled prototype made this explicit”.
MSH also found that the show was a timely opportunity to motivate the commercial and service network with the valued presence of Heliflite Pty Ltd for Oceania and Aero Facility Co., Ltd. for Japan. It was, in addition, a good time to evaluate new dynamic candidates in the USA, in South America or in Central America such as Aviflex SA, our launch client in Guatemala.
The test-program was disrupted by this transatlantic trip but the aircraft is now back in Switzerland pursuing its test plans with the target to reach flight in the coming weeks.
Keep your eyes on the SKYe.
About the SKYe SH09 helicopter:
With a Maximum Take-Off Weight of 2,650 kg (5,842 lbs) the SKYe SH09 helicopter offers exceptional hot and high performance, a flexible engine concept and a low noise signature thanks to the newly developed dynamic assemblies and shrouded tail-rotor.
The modularity of the cabin makes the most of the flat floor and the unique high ceiling concept, offering multiple seating arrangements of 1 Pilot + up to 7 passengers, all with individual crashworthy seats. The rear access to the cabin is facilitated by the large clamshell doors; addressing the passenger transport and emergency evacuation roles of the helicopter.
With a fast cruise speed of 260 km/h (140 knots) it will also offer very long range – in excess of 800km (430 nautical miles) with standard fuel tanks. SKYe SH09 is of particular interest to operators who wish to avail of a remarkably versatile machine with additional power, greater payload capacity, and an augmented sling load capability of 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs).
About Marenco Swisshelicopter (MSH):
The Marenco Swisshelicopter Company is the result of combining the engineering expertise of Marenco Ltd. and a team of highly qualified helicopter specialists, pilots and aviation experts. Marenco Swisshelicopter Ltd. was founded in 2007 for the direct purpose of developing, building and commercializing new concepts of light turbine helicopters. With this industrial visionary concept, Marenco Swisshelicopter developed a new generation of helicopter built with a design that concentrates on the key notion of competitive superiority, modularity, advanced ergonomics and with the integration of the best choice of materials.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd