Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that Yunnan Jingcheng Group accepted delivery of the first S-76D™ aircraft that will operate in China. The aircraft is configured for transportation of corporate and government VIPs. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
Sikorsky recently announced at the 2014 Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition that the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) had issued a validation type certificate for the S-76D™ aircraft, allowing Sikorsky to begin delivering the commercial helicopter to customers in China.
Jingcheng also flies a Sikorsky S-92® helicopter for use in transporting corporate and government VIPs. In September 2013, a second S-92 aircraft was purchased with delivery expected in November 2015.
With the delivery of this aircraft, nearly 40 S-76® aircraft will operate in China. In China’s intermediate aircraft market segment (7,000 to 15,000 lbs gross weight), the S-76® occupies more than 35 percent (the highest) of the total.
In September 2013, Sikorsky Aircraft and Changhe Aircraft Industries Corp. signed an agreement for Changhe to produce S-76D™ commercial helicopter cabins for Sikorsky. Changhe serves as a second source for S-76D cabins, with deliveries scheduled to begin in 2016 and production volumes based on market demand. Aero Vodochody in the Czech Republic also supplies the cabins.
The S-76D helicopter has quickly proven popular with customers, with a current backlog exceeding $650 million. Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.4-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
The S-76D helicopter’s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines; an advanced THALES TopDeck ® integrated avionics system and four-axis autopilot; Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) incorporated into fleet monitoring and analysis; active vibration control; and all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades. A Rotor Ice Protection System (RIPS) for all-weather capability will be available as an option.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Editor note – it is not clear from Sikorsky’s press release, but the helicopter is being operated by a subsidiary of Yunnan Jingcheng Group called Dehong South Asia Airlines. The particular aircraft is the 20th off the production line, serial 761020
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast
- First Sikorsky S76D arrives in Europe
- Nova Scotia EMS Tender Decision on Hold
- Canadian operator buys Sikorsky S-76D
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services
- Coastal Helicopters to serve Burning Man 2016 festival