In response to the annoucement from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) today, Oil & Gas UK chief executive, Malcolm Webb, said:
“The CAA consultation with industry has been highly constructive, prompting and accelerating the introduction of breakthrough lifesaving equipment over a year ahead of CAA proposed action A10 (CAP1145) – a real milestone for safety in the North Sea. Additionally, the new equipment comes with a significantly improved lifejacket for all passengers, more good news for offshore safety.
“By adjusting the timescale for limiting helicopter seating capacity to better align with the availability of Category A Emergency Breathing Systems, the CAA has facilitated the work of the fast-approaching annual turnaround season, when safety critical maintenance is carried out during the summer months.
“Our discussions with CAA are a safety success story for the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS). All of the many risk drivers have been considered and balanced in such a way that these are effectively managed in the best interest of safety offshore. We will continue to work collaboratively with the CAA on the introduction of the other recommendations and actions in the safety review.
“Oil & Gas UK also warmly welcomes the news that the redesigned gear shaft for EC225 helicopters has been certified, and will now be introduced as soon as possible. This is another significant step forward for safety.
“Finally, I wish to repeat that Oil & Gas UK applauds the CAA’s safety review CAP1145, which we believe will further improve the safety of helicopter operations in the North Sea.”
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point