Starlite select the Guimbal Cabri G2 to upgrade its basic training helicopter fleet. Starlite’s International Aviation Training Academy based in Mossel Bay, South Africa, was one of the launch customers welcomed to the Guimbal family, having purchased two of their latest Cabri G2 helicopters, with another six on order.
Starlite International Training Academy has 15 years of excellence in Civil and Military Training. During this time they have trained over 1800 ab initio, 300 commercial pilots and 70 instructors, totalling over 100,000 hours of instruction and averaging in excess of 7000 helicopter flying hours per annum.
Starlite is renowned throughout Africa and the Middle East for its history of training pilots for the South African Air Force and Police Air Wing. Other valued clients include the police and air forces of Botswana, Namibian, Kenya, Swaziland, UAE and Dubai. In addition, the Academy trains maintenance and support staff.
Recent years have seen a number of upgrades and improvements to the Academy’s facilities and the purchase of the Cabri G2 is an eagerly awaited addition to the training fleet.
Kate Odendaal, the Starlite Director of Training, said “The Cabri G2 has been very successful in flight schools across the world and we are thrilled to be able to offer training on this remarkable aircraft to new and existing customers. It matches our requirements completely and offers a unique blend of ability, safety, comfort and technology. As the launch customer for Africa we look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership with Guimbal “.
- BC Helicopters to add second Guimbal Cabri G2
- Cabri G2 delivered by new UK distributor HeliGroup
- Guimbal appoints distributor in Canada
- UK distributor launches Guimbal Centre of Excellence
- UK Guimbal distributor expands with new investment
- BC Helicopters to be first Canadian operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- UK Cabri G2 fleet is largest in the world
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- New prototype on the ramp at Guimbal
- 30-Oct-16 ZK-IZR Guimbal Cabri G2 Tarras, New Zealand
- DCNS and Airbus join forces for French Naval drone requirement
- Latest British Cabri G2 is first with Aspen Avionics panel
- Two more Guimbal Cabri G2s arrive in US
- Cotswold launches Guimbal Cabri G2 ground handling trolley
- Helicentre Aviation opens Florida Cabri G2 operation
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre and Gama Aviation name Fairoaks base manager
- Helicentre Aviation launches 2017 Scholarship Programme
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre in Cabri G2 JV with Gama Aviation