Trakkacorp Pty Ltd is pleased to confirm that the Company has achieved approval from Airbus Helicopters Germany for the Serial Production Qualification of the Trakka A800 Helicopter Searchlight. Extensive testing, qualification and close collaboration between Trakka and Airbus Helicopters’ engineering teams has taken place over the last three years to ensure that the Trakka Searchlight adheres to Airbus’s Helicopter stringent requirements.
Trakka Corp and Airbus Helicopters German
This process began after Airbus Helicopters selected Trakka through a competitive Request for Proposal, (RFP) in 2011 for the Search Light for existing and future helicopter platforms.
The TrakkaBeam A800 Searchlight will be Type Certified for the EC135, EC145 and EC175. In addition to this, the Trakka Searchlight is already Type Certified by Airbus Helicopters on the EC155, EC225, and is STC’d on the AS350.
Cliff Schwidlewski, Trakka’s Engineering Manager, stated, “ The requirements have been extremely challenging but the close working relationship between Airbus Helicopters and Trakka has been paramount to the success of this project. The extensive testing and Airbus’s Helicopters engineering and quality teams’ process of approval and qualification, has proven that Trakka fulfils the highest quality standards of a product”.
The TrakkaBeam searchlight is a paradigm shift in engineering and design, which has eliminated the inefficiencies of traditional searchlight technology. Trakka has concentrated on producing a system that achieves maximum efficiency and visibility, in a variety of operational situations.
The TrakkaBeam has become the benchmark in aviation searchlight technology, due to its sleek, aerodynamic characteristics, low power draw, low weight, superior mission functionality and reliability and is used internationally by leading ground and airborne law enforcement, security forces, as well as search and rescue agencies, to strengthen their capability to achieve mission objectives.
Its unique internally integrated filter wheel enables the installation of a range of spectral light filters including infrared, visible red and amber. This creates unparalleled visibility and mission capability during night-time operations, in moist or foggy conditions, and during NVG operations.
The advanced optics, only available with the TrakkaBeam, also makes the searchlight far more efficient than any other on the market, resulting in the use of an 800W lamp whilst still achieving outstanding performance and range.
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White
- Minister for Health approves EC135 for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland