Metro Aviation has achieved Level IV of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Safety Management System (SMS) Pilot Project in the 14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station.
Metro Aviation is the first and only organization in the United States operating under 14 CFR 145 rules to achieve this milestone, according to a FAA representative.
“Level IV is just the beginning,” according to Metro Aviation’s Director of Safety Tarek Loutfy. “We will continue to look for proactive and predictive ways to identify potential hazards and manage risks in our System. This will be accomplished through open collaboration with all departments on safety matters.”
“The SMS will provide a uniform way of handling maintenance safety practices and procedures to ensure that all employees and management are on the same page,” explains Managing Director Milton Geltz.
Metro Aviation, Inc. is committed to preserving the integrity, success, and quality of the company by continually improving and providing a safe work environment for all employees, customers, and clients. The ultimate goal is to ensure that risks are understood and mitigated to the lowest denominator in all company operations. It takes a commitment from the entire Metro family to achieve this goal.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away