Metro Aviation has achieved Level IV of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Safety Management System (SMS) Pilot Project in the 14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station.
Metro Aviation is the first and only organization in the United States operating under 14 CFR 145 rules to achieve this milestone, according to a FAA representative.
“Level IV is just the beginning,” according to Metro Aviation’s Director of Safety Tarek Loutfy. “We will continue to look for proactive and predictive ways to identify potential hazards and manage risks in our System. This will be accomplished through open collaboration with all departments on safety matters.”
“The SMS will provide a uniform way of handling maintenance safety practices and procedures to ensure that all employees and management are on the same page,” explains Managing Director Milton Geltz.
Metro Aviation, Inc. is committed to preserving the integrity, success, and quality of the company by continually improving and providing a safe work environment for all employees, customers, and clients. The ultimate goal is to ensure that risks are understood and mitigated to the lowest denominator in all company operations. It takes a commitment from the entire Metro family to achieve this goal.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd