Metro Aviation has achieved Level IV of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Safety Management System (SMS) Pilot Project in the 14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station.
Metro Aviation is the first and only organization in the United States operating under 14 CFR 145 rules to achieve this milestone, according to a FAA representative.
“Level IV is just the beginning,” according to Metro Aviation’s Director of Safety Tarek Loutfy. “We will continue to look for proactive and predictive ways to identify potential hazards and manage risks in our System. This will be accomplished through open collaboration with all departments on safety matters.”
“The SMS will provide a uniform way of handling maintenance safety practices and procedures to ensure that all employees and management are on the same page,” explains Managing Director Milton Geltz.
Metro Aviation, Inc. is committed to preserving the integrity, success, and quality of the company by continually improving and providing a safe work environment for all employees, customers, and clients. The ultimate goal is to ensure that risks are understood and mitigated to the lowest denominator in all company operations. It takes a commitment from the entire Metro family to achieve this goal.
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point
- Russian Helicopters are ready to supply six Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters to open service centers in China
- Two Awards of Excellence won by Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence – winners announced
- Aspirus MedEvac Achieves NAAMTA Accreditation
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Senior Executive VP
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS